View Poll Results: Have you been succesful in syncing your Pearl with PocketMac?

Voters
62. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes (and I'm so happy)

33 53.23%
  • No (what a bummer)

29 46.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by conan007 can some one please help me. my bb connects, and goes ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Have you been succesful in syncing your Pearl with PocketMac?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by conan007
    can some one please help me. my bb connects, and goes back to the original screen only after a few seconds of syncing w/ the computer. So, I can't install or do anything while connected. Thanx!
    It will sometimes require you to use the other USB report, but you will also likely have to unplug, then re-plug in the USB cable to get a real connection to PocketMac.

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Have you been succesful in syncing your Pearl with PocketMac?

Yes but not at first.

I had a 7130g that has always synched without problems but when I got my Pearl it was not recognised. I tried quite a few things over a couple of days to little avail, then accidently discovered that in systems preferences/network/port configurations there was now a "Blackberry" port, but it was unselected. I selected it and everything immediately began working. No problems since.

Nothing in the documentation, but it seems that PocketMac sets up a new port but doesn't automatically enable it. The other probelm was that with the Pearl you need to have a version 2 Bluetooth adaptor. It wouldn't work at first on my G5 iMac, but did on my older iBook. The iBook has a very new USB Bluetooth adaptor. When I plugged that into the iMac, Bluetooth synching worked on the iMac as well.

We live and hopefully learn. Sometimes it is fun, more often simply frustrating.

Regards

Jeff

conan007 no está en línea Stack level 1

I think I've almost tried everything and can't still get my black pearl to syng properly with my G4. It connects for a few seconds then, it is gone. Please, I need someone's help. I'm giving up pn this thing, and probably would like to just have it sent back to where it came from. Thanks!

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

conan007,

If you have an older G4, are we certain it has usb 2.0? I do believe that is a must-have for PocketMac. Are you using PocketMac or MarkSpace's software?

Before answering these questions, try these three simple things- you may have already done all of these...

Verify usb 2.0 connectivity
    Check OS X updates
    Verify other USB 2.0 devices are working at optimum speeds
    Make sure System Profiler detects Rimm Device at your USB hub
    Download NEWEST versions of PocketMac, and BB device software from your carrier
    Reboot EVERYTHING

Try again...

sounds stupid, but PocketMac Released updates, OSX sure as hell has released some updates lately, and so has RIMM (can't be sure your device is or isn't running the latest simply because you just got it...)

and this has happened to me multiple times too- those new cheapo cables they give you nowadays w/ a blackberry, they suck- swap cables too!

These are the only things left to try- unless a usb system pref is out of whack, but I wouldn't know how to fix that off the top of my head, system profiler should tell us more about the usb recognition.

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone done a comp on PocketMac vs MissingSync. I used PocketMac in the past due to cost $0 but when it did not work with my new BB (8800) I downloaded MissingSync which has been working well but will cost me $30 soon.
    I know it is cheesy but I really like the photos from my contacts synching to my phone.
    Anyone???

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

iCal events from my Mac will transfer over to the BB, but the BB created events don't get transferred over to the Mac .

fidolatry no está en línea Stack level 1

A qualified "yes" for me...

I think it's no coicidence that PocketMac creates a special calendar on iCal after installation -- I'm ONLY synching that calendar, and keeping problematic stuff (all-day events and timed events/to-dos) on separate, desktop-only calendars.

For contacts, I've set PM to overwrite my BlackBerry every time, just to be safe!

BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD

I use both my 10.4.9 Mac mini and my old school *** 10.3.9 iBook se and never ran into a single problem.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Quote Originally Posted by carniby
    I dont have a problem, I just wish I had the ability to do all the things that the windows program does.
    I agree... I don't have a problem except that i am unable to use the pocketmac as versitile as those using DM. Huge overlook in way of RIM.

jbanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Yep, but only if bb is connected once pocketmac is already open! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12