ok, so i know i can setup other email accounts other than the blackberry one. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

NYDrummer no está en línea Stack level 1

General Email on Pearl and Mac

Advertisement

ok, so i know i can setup other email accounts other than the blackberry one. my question is, if i set up other accounts, such as my .mac account, will all my email be sent to both my imac and my pearl? is there a way where i can set my mail where when I'm not home it'll hit my pearl, but when I am home, it doesn't. I have like 4 email accounts and I don't want them all to flood my blackberry. please forgive me if I'm not making sense, although i've been a mac user for years, this is the first blackberry i've ever owned. thanks in advance!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: General Email on Pearl and Mac

NYDrummer, there is no simple solution for what you want to do. It might be able to be done with a lot of effort each time you wanted to switch it off and back one.

Sorry

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

There are various setting that can be changed, however I am not a mac user so im not sure what they are able to do. Im sure someone will come along and help.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by NYDrummer
    ok, so i know i can setup other email accounts other than the blackberry one. my question is, if i set up other accounts, such as my .mac account, will all my email be sent to both my imac and my pearl? is there a way where i can set my mail where when I'm not home it'll hit my pearl, but when I am home, it doesn't. I have like 4 email accounts and I don't want them all to flood my blackberry. please forgive me if I'm not making sense, although i've been a mac user for years, this is the first blackberry i've ever owned. thanks in advance!
    It has to be sent to your .mac account either before or when it pushes to your pearl. There's no way around this, unfortunately.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But keep this in mind: dot Mac email is IMAP, so if you read an email on your BlackBerry, it will be marked as read on dot Mac. If you delete it on your BlackBerry, it will be moved to the trash on dot Mac.

Believe me, as a Mac user and a BlackBerry user, you won't be "flooding" your BlackBerry with email.

Soon, I doubt if you will even use your Mac for email at all! The BlackBerry is just too easy and convenient for reading email to actually get up and go to a computer.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

great info. thanks. im gettin ready to set mine up now.

NYDrummer no está en línea Stack level 1

so my bb is setup with .mac, but is it possible for my imac to receive blackberry emails? how do i do that?!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Quote Originally Posted by NYDrummer
    so my bb is setup with .mac, but is it possible for my imac to receive blackberry emails? how do i do that?!
    I don think its possible, unless you know how to check your BB email if its on a BES on the computer. then it may be possible.