I've been scouring forums since March looking for a "real" solution to sync my Blackberry ... Macs & MacBooks forum

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Entourage 2008 & Blackberry Sync!? Where are you?

Advertisement

I've been scouring forums since March looking for a "real" solution to sync my Blackberry Curve with Entourage 2008, thus far to no avail. What is going on with Microsoft/RIM/PocketMac/Apple? I understand that Blackerry wants to sell phones, Apple wants to sell phones and yes, even Microsoft wants in on the action but are these companies forgetting once very simple fact? Existing customers are not happy being forced into buying products because of incompatability that can be easily resolved if everyone just shared some code!

It has been almost 6 months since the syncing issue between Blackberry and Entourage 2008 has become common knowledge. For those of us who made the unfortunate upgrade to Office 2008, thinking that we would eventually see some support for our devices, it looks like the big boys are bascially telling us, they don't care about our business or continued support for their products.

I started using a MAC full time in March, I was a hardcore PC user/programmer and I have been fully converted. I think that MAC is the best, bar none. Not only is OS X a far superior operating system, but I can Windows XP/Vista just as well on my MAC, if not better than on any of my PC Desktops or notebooks. That being said, I am coming to the conclusion that Microsoft and perhaps even RIM have reached new heights and have become so ego-driven that the customer is no longer #1.

Apple, on the other hand, has made me feel like a valued customer. They have offered fast, effective support, a great warranty and friendly people to assist me with my troubleshooting. If a sync solution between Blackberry and Microsoft isn't made available soon I will be throwing out all of my blackberrys (currently I have 6 for my business) along with my remaining pc laptops. I will also explore alternatives to using Microsoft Office and buy a half dozen iPhones.

I've been a RIM advocate for a long time, and once upon a time I also stood in support of everything PC and Microsoft. What have I gotten in return? Nothing. Abosultley nothing except for the inability to remain efficient when upgrading software, which i pay FULL RETAIL for.

Wake up! Make your customers happy!

I needed a place to rant, so thank you fellow stackers for taking the time to read this. If you feel the same way, and I'm sure you MAc users do. Please share
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47
    Have you considered their BES software. You are provided one BES license free and the others are only $99. Since I've started using that in our network, things have been simple. I know that it is $99 per, but it has been nice. Syncs ota. everything right there.
    Just a thought

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have looked into this option, however, I don't want to have to buy & install and an exchange server. if there was a way to set up the BES w/out having to purchase and integrate a completely new system, especially a microsoft/pc based system, I would totally entertain it.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi
    The new pocketmac (which you can download from BlackBerry site) is supposed to offer entourage 2008 support.
    I tried it some while ago and it was working fine. I didn't use it extensively so I don't know if there are still any issues but that is your best bet for now.

rob7100g no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

Your best bet is to use Sync Services in Entourage preferences. It syncs with iCal and the Apple Address Book. Use PocketMac to sync with iCal and the Address Book, etc.

-- Robert.

oncad no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use Pocket Mac and Sync with Entourage 2008 fine