I've had trouble emailing MS Office for Mac attachments (word files, excel files) from my ... Macs & MacBooks forum

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Emailing attachments...

Advertisement

I've had trouble emailing MS Office for Mac attachments (word files, excel files) from my .mac email address.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, J.

PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Re: Emailing attachments...

Sorry should explain: I can receive emails from .mac account fine -- just not the attachments.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you doing this on your Mac or your BB?

PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Sorry not clear.

I sometimes have trouble emailing files from my desktop (mac) via .mac email account to my bb (same email account). I get the email ok, but no attachment or file.

I also have trouble sometimes forwarding emails with files from bb to other bbs.

wonder if this has to do with the "send windows friendly attachments" box--i.e. should NOT be checked when sending files from mac desktop, although I am sending MS Office files?

Thnx J.

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Check for these things:

- proper windows friendly extensions (.doc, .xls, .ppt, etc.); Mac OS doesn't need or require extensions on file names, but windows does. Ensure you've got the correct file extension

- no spaces! Try to avoid spaces in file names as well; again, not a problem for Mac, but often a problem for windows

- it sounds like you are using Mac Mail? A friend of mine has recently had issues with his new MacBook and sending attachments with Mail. Text emails are fine, but attachments just won't send. Haven't got to the bottom of that one yet.

- if you've been using Mail or another email client on your Mac, try sending the attachment through the .Mac site. If it works, then it could be something not working properly with your mail client.

Hope this helps.

PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Gosh thanks--great ideas.

I'll check that stuff this weekend and re-post then.

J.

PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Here's another weird problem:

excel file (work schedule) created on Mac--Office Mac 2004-- and I can email it to myself and even view on BB; but all the dates are shifted one block over so that the schedule/calendar I created is off by one day.

Anyone ever had this problem/or know how to fix it?

schalliol no está en línea Stack level 1

I also can't see them when I email them to myself from Eudora. Literature on the 8700c says word & excel should work. Ideas?

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I have noticed that sometimes sending a .doc to my BB, through BIS, there is no attachment, but the contents of the .doc are in the body of the email.

Also, just now, trying to recreate what you've explained, I went to "save as" an .xls that was created in Office XP, then edited on Mac Office. I got a "compatability report" window pop-up which explains that "formulas that perform calculations on dates might not produce the same results in Excel for Windows".

I think the date problem is not an issue of emails, attachments, or BlackBerry, it's an issue of MS Office.

Well, then I sent the same file twice, using .mac for one and my domain email for the other. Attached the .xls as "windows friendly", then sent them to my @rogers.BlackBerry.net address.

Oddly, they took about 3 minutes to get to my BB (that's usually about 5 seconds!), AND there were no attachments!!

I suspect that this has something to do with the BIS, and is likely not carrier dependent. A phone call to tech support will be needed to sort this one out!

celebration no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got a new BB 8703e, I can get attachments but they are hard to read. Can anyone tell me if there is a website that offers free software to help with this problem? thx in advance.

flamike82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Emailing attachments...

When sending attachments to your blackberry device from Mail compose the e-mail in plain text and it will fix the problem. Same rule applies for sending ical events. Best fix is to just change your default e-mail format to plain text and you are good to go.