Hi all, Thanks for the site. I just got a BB and this is my ... Macs & MacBooks forum

malcolmf75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question disconnecting USB cable b/w 8300 & iBook?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Thanks for the site. I just got a BB and this is my first post--hopefully not a waste of people's time.

I have a Curve/8300 and an iBook G4 using Tiger. My problem is that I can't figure out how to unplug the BB without it telling me that I should have stopped it first. Unlike a Flash disk, etc., I can't seem to figure this out--I try to "eject" it in Finder, and it tells me there are applications running which won't allow that.

So when I just physically unplug the USB cable I get an angry message warning of potential data loss, etc.

Any ideas?!

I'm enjoying the BB very much, but it really doesn't seem to be well integrated with Apple computers.

Thanks,
    Malcolm

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: disconnecting USB cable b/w 8300 & iBook?

Welcome to Pinstack Malcolmf75!

I'm also using the Blackberry Curve and we both have the same problem. I have exhausted all options to do something about it. I think it has something to do with the OS. What I normally do, is turn the computer off and then I unplug the USB cable.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: disconnecting USB cable b/w 8300 & iBook?

I had this issue with my mbp also. i think the warning for not unmounting properly is just a warning at that.

I never lost any data and I always just yank the usb cable out