Greetings from a first-time poster! I recently starting synching my iCal onto my newly-acquired BlackBerry ... Macs & MacBooks forum

miklos26 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Deleting Events on Pocketmac While Synching

Advertisement

Greetings from a first-time poster!

I recently starting synching my iCal onto my newly-acquired BlackBerry Pearl, and I have noticed that all of the past events that I have already deleted from my iCal keep appearing in the calendar of my Pearl (and when I say all, I mean ALL...from months and months ago). I've looked into the options and settings areas of both my Pearl and iCal and can't quite figure out how to keep those past events from synching. Does anyone happen to have any experience with this and could share some words of wisdom, perhaps?

Thanks much,
    miklos26

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Deleting Events on Pocketmac While Synching

Quote Originally Posted by miklos26
    Greetings from a first-time poster!

I recently starting synching my iCal onto my newly-acquired BlackBerry Pearl, and I have noticed that all of the past events that I have already deleted from my iCal keep appearing in the calendar of my Pearl (and when I say all, I mean ALL...from months and months ago). I've looked into the options and settings areas of both my Pearl and iCal and can't quite figure out how to keep those past events from synching. Does anyone happen to have any experience with this and could share some words of wisdom, perhaps?

Thanks much,
    miklos26
    Take a look in the "Advanced Settings" in PocketMac for iCal. You can set the synching operation to delete old entries by adjusting the number of days you keep info for.

miklos26 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Deleting Events on Pocketmac While Synching

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Take a look in the "Advanced Settings" in PocketMac for iCal. You can set the synching operation to delete old entries by adjusting the number of days you keep info for.
    Thanks for the reply, wclyffe! When I opened PocketMac for the first time after downloading onto my iMac and tried to open the advanced settings, my computer froze up and I had to drown it. Afterwards I forgot about checking advanced settings. I just followed your suggestion and changed the number of days for info to be kept; I set it to ignore events older than 1 day. After syching, I scrolled through my Pearl calendar and saw that all of my recurring events are still appearing in days past. Do you know if past events that are set to still recur in the future can't be deleted while synching? Do I have to delete them manually, one at a time? (There are 108 events...that's a lot of manual deleting!)

Thanks again,
    miklos26