Hi all, I just downloaded PocketMac yesterday. I have a PC and just bought a ... Macs & MacBooks forum

little_nell no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve, iMac and PocketMac Question

Advertisement

Hi all, I just downloaded PocketMac yesterday. I have a PC and just bought a new iMac (yay!). I synced and every thing went fine except the sync got hung up on importing Tasks. I finally canceled the sync and everything synced from BB to iMac but the few entries I put in iCal (on the mac) did not sync into the Curve. I have Two-way sync checked or should I have Overwrite device or Overwrite Mac checked? Just odd that all the calendar and contacts synced over to the mac but the mac won't sync into the Curve.
    I tried several times to sync and Tasks gets hung forever. So I disabled Task and it syncs ok, except for Mac to Curve.
    Any ideas?

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    To sync the Calendar/Contacts to the Curve and not the Mac, you have to click Advanced Preferences onced you checked which program.

Choose either Overwrite Device or Two-Way Sync.

If you want to just send to the Blackberry choose Overwrite Device.
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

ok thank you pNoyz3Ro. so i to get my iCal appointments from Mac to Curve so i should choose Overwrite Device? that won't wipe any other entries out, will it?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ had the same problem. Just go under advanced services tab, uncheck everything the just keep checked ical and address book. Then Sync you bb after it completes it successfully, you can then start selecting the rest of the apps you want to sync. For some reason pocketmac just wants one good minimum sync first then there is no issues.

Let me know if your still having issues

Thanks Maz, I just tried your suggestion.
    Under PocketMac SyncManager I have only Calendar Synchronization checked (iCal Calendar), under iCal Appointments Advanced Prefs. I have Synch all Categories.
    Default for mobile-device-created itmes, PocketMac is chosen.
    Two-way sync is checked.
    And the sync did not transfer my few iCal appointments into the Curve. grrrrr!
    Help!

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    I see that you are having several issues. May I suggest downloading Missing Sync. It is what I am currently using and have used for quite sometime. I have had very few issues using it to sync my BB and my Mac. Check it out here: Missing Sync for Blackberry
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

wilmcdaniel no está en línea Stack level 1

PocketMac works great for me...

I am a long time Mac user. I am using a 2.8 ghz iMac AL running OS 10.5.4...I was reading on various BlackBerry forums about the horror stories from people using PacketMac.. I first installed the driver, then installed the app and synced it with my Curve... It has worked flawlessly for everything.....By the way, I am new to the Blackberry. I have an iPhone and love it! The Blackberry is a nice looking phone and does email well. Web Browsing (using Opera) that is another story...I do hope to get used to the kyboard....I am really fast on the iPhone keyboard, (not a touch type user) but give me a couple of weeks to learn the BB shortcuts and I feel I will have a handle on it..Again, a nice looking phone, hope I will find it useful.

wilmcdaniel, glad to hear all is working well for you. i think i'm going to take zjfarmer's advice and download Missing Sync. i give up with PocketMac!:cry:

OK, I uninstalled PocketMac and bought and installed MissingSync. Same thing going on. Everything is good except the i cannot get the few new entries from iCal into the Curve. I looked in the Knowledgebase and did what it said (overwrite handheld with desktop data on next sync only) and it still did not pull those few (future) entries into the Curve. What's going on here?

nex014 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BDD2F
    I too have been having all sorts of problems with Pocketmac. It is disapointing to hear that the same issues occur with Missing Sync, that was my next port of call!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I use pocket mac for my contacts but have given up on ical for a variety of reasons... i downloaded Google sync and sync OTA with my google Calender.. so far that has been my best solution. I add something new on my BB or on Google calender and it appears on the other on the next auto sync... i don't even have to think about syncing... oh BTW my friend who works for a cell phone companys BB support says they have a working copy of a true desktop manager application on their test mac at work... I heard it was in the works but this seems to confirm it for me.. so don't give up hope!
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular