I dont know if anybody has seen this or not so im just going to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

babaganoosh no está en línea Stack level 2

Cool program i found for all us Mac BB users

Advertisement

I dont know if anybody has seen this or not so im just going to put it out there. i was looking around trying to find something better to run my windows applications, when i stumbled upon a program called Crossover Mac 6.0.

When i first got my mac i started to use bootcamp...well i hated having to restart my computer everytime i wanted to run my windows only apps.
    So i ended up finding parallels desktop, and i used that for a while as i didnt have to restart my computer all the time, i just ran window with a vitual machine.

But today i found this really cool program, (crossover mac) and it lets you run windows programs IN mac OS X, unlike parallels you dont load up a virtual machine and switch between XP and OS X, and you dont even install XP at all so it give you even more space for what you want.

I can put up some screenshots in a little bit showing me running some things

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Cool program i found for all us Mac BB users

Thanks for the info, and Im looking forward to the screenshots.

optserenity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA0DDE

I've heard good things about it...

babaganoosh no está en línea Stack level 2

ok, so far i havnt been able to put on the BB desktop software...it gets to the "checking for previous versions" and doesnt move.

I've put other programs on it like windows media player 11 which is only for windows...i will try to get the BB software running later, and when i get it running ill do some screenshots

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I tried putting the plazmic theme builder on it and had no luck.

briodan no está en línea Stack level 1

Cross over is definately a work in progress.
    I would recommand you try out Parallels or VMWare fusion
    both are able to boot your Bootcamp image inside a virtual machine. and you cna chose which devices to make available to the virtual machine.

Hope it helps

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Corssover has loads of potential cause it doesn't require a full Windows OS to be installed, but its also limited in it'll only work with specific applications..

I've tried Parallels for a while, but ran into some issues with them and have been using VMWare the last 2-3 weeks without any issues.

I prefer Parallels, the Coherence mode is awesome, but its just not stable enough for some reason on my MBP...

I'm actually holding out hope that Leopard will have some combination of all these apps built in - although, October seems so far away...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."