I recently treated myself to a HD camcorder as I will be going on holiday ... Macs & MacBooks forum

workholickim no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up How to convert AVCHD Video (M2TS/MTS) to AVI on Mac OS?

I recently treated myself to a HD camcorder as I will be going on holiday to California soon for a family wedding. I got the camcorder a bit early so I could have a chance to play around with it and practice editing the clips, the camcorder records the clips in a .MTS format which is a High-definition MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called “AVCHD;” used by Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorders; based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats.

If you've got some AVCHD videos (with M2TS/MTS extension) and want to convert them to AVI videos just like me, you need a Mac HD video converter tool to do this job. I find there are lots of similar programs on the market, after tried some of them, I picked up one called iFunia HD video converter for Mac to convert AVCHD video to AVI for myself. This software is a free trial application for Mac OS X that accomplishes this task quickly and easily. It helps me rip/convert AVCHD video to any common video/audio formats for playback on media players and mobile devices.

I’ll show you how to convert the AVCHD videos to AVI format on Mac step-by-step.

Step 1: Download, install & run Mac HD video converterto convert MTS to AVI videos
    We’ll be using a very nice video converter software for Mac OS called ‘iFunia HD video converter for Mac’ for converting MTS/ M2TS HD video to AVI, head over here and download the free trial version. Next step is to install the program.
    Now run iFunia HD video converter on your Mac and click the big button "Add..." to add MTS/ M2TS HD video files, you may add as many videos as you want to convert to AVI videos.

Step 2: Select the video titles that you'd like to convert
    Only the titles you checked will be converted. So if there're some videos you don't want to convert, you need to uncheck them or 'Remove' them from the right-click menu. 'Clear' in the right-click menu means remove all titles in the list.

Step 3: Edit videos: crop, trim, add effects, add watermark
    Wanna edit your videos to make it more personalized? You may add a watermark in iFunia HD video converter for Mac. Just select the title you'd like to add watermark, then click the button 'Edit' to launch video editing window. If you want to crop video or add some special effects, click the first two tabs.
    You're able to add a text watermark or an image watermark (you may call it logo) on the output video. Adjust the 'Transparency' to make the watermark look better.

Step 4: Merge some separate videos to 1 single file
    Click on the video titles you'd like to merge to 1 single file, then click 'Merge' button and uncheck the former separate files if you just need the single merged video file. Here 'click on the video titles' is not just check the options, you need to click them to make them highlight.

Step 5: Change the output settings to convert videos with best quality
    There are almost all common video formats available for you to choose to convert to. You may convert MTS/M2TS HD video to different video formats for video editing or playback on your mobile devices, such as iPod, iPhone, PSP, cellphone, etc.

If you’re familiar with the ‘Xvid/DivX’ compression format used for those tv-shows rips, you might know how nicely compressed those AVI videos are. Here we set the output video format to XviD AVI format which provides a best compromise between file size and video quality. Remember that the output file size mostly depends on the Bitrate you set. Larger Bitrate, larger file size.

Step 6: Start converting AVCHD video to AVI
    Now you may click the big button "Start" to begin converting HD videos to AVI format. Once the convert is complete, iFunia HD video converter for Mac will place a new version of your video. Double-click the new AVI file and play it to make sure it looks as you expect.

Done! Isn’t it very easy? You may also use this HD Video Converter software to convert HD videos to any other video formats (MOV/ MP4/WMV/MPEG files) for playback in media players and mobile devices, like iPod, iPhone, PSP.
    Last edited by workholickim; 11-08-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: something need to be modify

July2009 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What a great post ! I’ve got some HD videos in M2TS and TS formats during the Christmas family party , but I found that YouTube doesn't support the file format of the AVCHD videos I want to upload, finally, iFunia HD Video Converter help me out !Thanks a lot ,guy!
    haw-haw,happy holidays!!!

July2009 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used to converting my videos to mac with ifunia video converter. i'm so satisfied.