hi everyone i have a huge problem, ive got an 8800 and i just purchased ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Dmuench no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

Contact Disaster

Advertisement

hi everyone

i have a huge problem, ive got an 8800 and i just purchased a second mobile phone, now my problem is, neither Isync nor Pocketmac lets me sync my blackberry contacts. So i dont know how to get all my contacts from my blackberry to my new phone. is there any other way to export contacts from a blackberry maybe onto the SIM or SD card ?

any tip is greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmuench View Post
    hi everyone

i have a huge problem, ive got an 8800 and i just purchased a second mobile phone, now my problem is, neither Isync nor Pocketmac lets me sync my blackberry contacts. So i dont know how to get all my contacts from my blackberry to my new phone. is there any other way to export contacts from a blackberry maybe onto the SIM or SD card ?

any tip is greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    It can be done to the sim card. This will have to be done contact by contact. Highlight desired contact. Click the trackball. This should make the contact's phone number pop up. Press the menu button and select copy to sim phonebook. Then you should be able to switch phones pretty easily. Hope this works!

PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

Re: Contact Disaster

hi

i tried that but there is no option to copy to sim, only "send to messenger contact..."

PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it should be at the top of the menu.. Right above help. I'm stumped

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you syncing the BB 8800 with outlook? Try creating an export file out of Outlook and then do an import into the cellphone sync program.

PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ do you have pictures attached to the contact? If there's a picture attached to it then it will take away the sim card option... If you remove pictures from contacts it will bring back the option. Sim card will only store one number with one name if a contact has two or more numbers you will have to make a separate contact for each number to be able to copy it to the sim card...

PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you also can't have the contact as a company name for it to go to the sim card

PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

im such an idiot. i forgot to put the simcard back in

i found the option, but for some reason its not copying, i tried it with every contact, then put the simcard in my new phone but it cant find any contacts. im not syncing with outlook cause im on a mac. and now im trying to transfer my contacts form a blackberry 8800 to a LG viewty...hopeless.

PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when you click copy to sim card are are you then clicking menu and save?

PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

ok i figured it out, you have to click on "safe on sim card" and then on the next page click "save" again....damn...they can fly to the moon in 20 hours but cant make these things easy :/

PIN/ID
    24867F51

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ lol

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

make sure you have the number u want to copy over to the sim card highlighted because if you dont it wont give u the option to save it to the sim card.

nando77034 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok can you explain to me exactly what your trying to do?? Sorry to say but I just gave up my 8100 for a KU990 Viewty and I had to export all my contacts to my new phone. I did this with success but its kinda iffy...
    If you need me to explain how I did this I can definately do this..

Thanks.