I'm considering a MBAir to use to charge, and synch/backup my TMo 8120. I can ... Macs & MacBooks forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Considering a MacBook Air

Advertisement

I'm considering a MBAir to use to charge, and synch/backup my TMo 8120. I can use my Toshiba to load apps and upgrade the OS.

I have seen many posts on the different software apps to use. Will I only need what comes loaded with the MBAir? Thanks.

jonecat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PocketMac is only good for syncing and adding apps, you will need to boot into windows to upgrade the OS. I use my Macbook Pro all the time for my 8330, but I dual boot into windows to get the serious stuff done.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    great choice! the macs come with everything you need from the box, think about getting MobileMe. Take a look at the program at www.me.com

Also if you need office or any other application you may want to pick those up. But as far as running you BB on mac, all you need is PocketMac...which is free.

PIN me when you get your MBAir and ill show you a few tips.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    great choice! the macs come with everything you need from the box, think about getting MobileMe. Take a look at the program at www.me.com

Also if you need office or any other application you may want to pick those up. But as far as running you BB on mac, all you need is PocketMac...which is free.

PIN me when you get your MBAir and ill show you a few tips.

MB Air is definitely a great portable. Like Jonecat said though, I also boot into Windows to do any BlackBerry stuff. Other apps have been decent substitutues/band-aids but no really good Windows-comparable app for Mac yet (that I know of).

Also...not sure if I'm the only one, but Office the Mac is terrible! I only used it for compatiblity with work files before the Intel processors and boot camp. iWork is lacking the advanced features of MS Office, but it's a nice office suite for the Mac.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    same here, using my MBA all the time and whenever i need the DM i just open my VMWare Fusion and it launches my copy of WinXP lol

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    I use Missing Sync (not free) but its well worth every cent in my opinion...

Open Office is free and is much better than Office for Mac.. iWork is OK but I still like Open Office better!

Kris

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Why Mac Air and not the Macbook Pro or just the Macbook?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Why would anyone want a driveless piece? The only thing that would make me look twice is the fact that its so light, but its also unrealistic and heavily useless.. Just my opinion. The mac books are nifty machines for sure but the air? C'mon!

~via BB 8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678
    I would wholeheartedly recommend the MBA for a portable, and even a primary machine if all you do is word processing, number crunching, email, and web... the MBA lacks a bit of the horsepower for graphic and video editing... all in all a great machine!
    ~~~~

D. J. De Lise
    delise@thedailybody.com
    PIN: 312F6678
    www.TheDailyBody.com

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    im a long time MAC user, they MBair is a great computer. You can certainly get Bootcamp and load windows on a partition of the hard drive and still have the BB Application Manager on the windows portion then do everything else on the MAC Partition. Unless you have another mac, make sure you get the $99 USB SUPERDRIVE. (if you had another mac, you could re-install OS and other apps via Wireless WiFi from another MAC, If not you need the SUPERDRIVE)

Besides that, get the APPLECARE, its worth it!

Have fun! PIN me if you want some more software/tips

-J
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i cant remember the last time i used a DVD besides reinstalling OS and even that i do it off of my time machine HDD therefore NO NEED for a drive here.
    the MBA is aimed at a really specific kind of users and i got lucky im part of those. i LOVE my MBA and it does all i need it to do PERFECTLY
    i have an external HDD, apple mouse and keyboard and external screen plugged into it (thank you powered usb hub)
    and thats it