After installing PocketMac, I installed 2 programs (dochawkclient & surewipe) and one theme (nela) via ... Macs & MacBooks forum

8100 Newbie no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't uninstall apps with PocketMac

Advertisement

After installing PocketMac, I installed 2 programs (dochawkclient & surewipe) and one theme (nela) via PocketMac's 'application install' program. However, now I can't uninstall these apps using PocketMac. Nor can I find any technical support to help me. So, I thought I'd put it out there to see if someone on here has any suggestions. Thanks!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Can't uninstall apps with PocketMac

Quote Originally Posted by 8100 Newbie
    After installing PocketMac, I installed 2 programs (dochawkclient & surewipe) and one theme (nela) via PocketMac's 'application install' program. However, now I can't uninstall these apps using PocketMac. Nor can I find any technical support to help me. So, I thought I'd put it out there to see if someone on here has any suggestions. Thanks!
    First, welcome. There are several threads that talk about this, but to sum it up it is a flaw in PocketMac that you cannot install some apps. The only way I know of is to utilize a desktop manager on a Windows machine or delete them manually on the Blackberry.

8100 Newbie no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Can't uninstall apps with PocketMac

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know if PocketMac is going to be altered to address this flaw anytime soon?

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Can't uninstall apps with PocketMac

Quote Originally Posted by 8100 Newbie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know if PocketMac is going to be altered to address this flaw anytime soon?

No one knows that. They are licensed by RIM and RIM does a really poor job of servicing their Mac users.

mlhca no está en línea Stack level 1

Synching to my computer

I just got a 8830 and I am new to the whole Blackberry thing. I am wanting to back up my phone to my computer. Do I need to have Outlook or some other program to see any contacts and or my calendar? I had a Trio before and the software that came with it loaded a program that set up your contact and a calendar. I am confused! Help anyone?