For some reason my Mac (new 24" iMac intel 2) is not seeing my 8700c ... Macs & MacBooks forum

bluelight no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't connect 8700c via USB to Mac / PocketMac

Advertisement

For some reason my Mac (new 24" iMac intel 2) is not seeing my 8700c BB when connecting via USB. Have established a bluetooth connection (for what it's worth... not much ). Trying to use PocketMac to sync up calendar and contacts.
    Any ideas on what I could try in order to establish a usb connection?
    Thanks!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Can't connect 8700c via USB to Mac / PocketMac

Always try a hard restart (pull batt. for 15-30 seconds) Restart mac, reinstall software...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

bluelight,
    Go to your system profiler, and see if under USB your BB is showing up, if it is, that's a good sign.

I would also ask if you are running Parallels on your machine, but that SHOULDN'T make a difference if this is a OS X/PocketMac issue...

Your best bet is to possibly reinstall software, before I even did that though, I would go directly to PocketMac site, and download PocketMac 3.0, see if it finds your berry. If it does, reboot box, and open up the newer PocketMac 4, see if that works.

I dont think the root usb detection changed much between 3 and 4, and if you get that install from the older PocketMac, I think that might help solve the issue.

Hope this helps,
    ajm

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to swap out the unit today for another technical issue that came up, so hopefully will be in good shape. will post once I've given it another try.
    Thanks!

Okay, tried a new 8700c and still not showing up on PocketMac. It is recognized by OSX as per the System Profiler, and I've done two reinstalls on pocketmac 4.0

ajm - no luck in finding 3.0 on Pocketmac's website so didn't give that a try.

can't imagine my configuration is any different than the many others who've made this work...

hmmmm....

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

bluelight, I have the PocketMac 3 version, Please send me a private message w/ your email address, and I will get it to you asap.

I spent a little more time on it and finally got it to work. I did a fresh install of the Cingular Blackberry software 4.1 on the device and so perhaps that made a difference. Works pretty well for me. being risk averse, I'm only doing one-way sync'ing for now

thanks for your help ajm!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Can't connect 8700c via USB to Mac / PocketMac

Quote Originally Posted by bluelight
    For some reason my Mac (new 24" iMac intel 2) is not seeing my 8700c BB when connecting via USB. Have established a bluetooth connection (for what it's worth... not much ). Trying to use PocketMac to sync up calendar and contacts.
    Any ideas on what I could try in order to establish a usb connection?
    Thanks!
    Are you plugging it into a USB port on the Mac? You need to, as the port must be a powered one. If so, try another port as this has made a difference for some individuals. Also, after you plug in the Blackberry, then start PocketMac4, and then click on your Blackberry icon and you should be able to see that it shows your Blackberry's Pin # and says status: Avalable.