.......PocketMac and/or Missing Sync? I am running Missing Sync without a problem for my BB ... Macs & MacBooks forum

Flag434 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion 3..........

Advertisement

.......PocketMac and/or Missing Sync? I am running Missing Sync without a problem for my BB 8830. Why, then, would I confuse the issue with other software? Well, I cannot download programs or data from my iMac. If I want to download programs I have to look like a Windows machine. My question is: How do I best make this happen? Is Boot Camp going to be the answer? Is it the answer today? And, if it isn't, is there a better answer. I am loving the 8830, but I would like to put some programs and data that were on my Treo on the BB. Any thoughts?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare Fusion 3..........

Well the data should not be a problem, the programs probably will be. As they are not written for the Blackberry. As for the programs, it is up to you, VMWare is great but, it runs on top of Mac. Boot Camp allows you to select which OS to boot to and that is good to as you can select either or for the OS. I have not dealt allot with MAC's as some other people in the stacks have so they might have more 4 ya but, I just wanted to warn ya about the programs.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I prefer Parallels, it runs just about as fast and can be minimized to work in Mac, side-by-side.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

The programs I have in mind have a BB version so the code isn't the problem....getting them from the Mac to the 8830 is the hurdle. Thanks for your response.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I second Parallels..

Boot Camp is probably the most secure/stable (ok, as stable/secure as Windows can be) since its a clean boot into Windows... Parallels is just easier cause you don't have to reboot or stop whatever else you're doing in OSX..

But, with that being said - I haven't been able to get DM working in Parallels v3 yet... not sure why - it installs, but it won't open.. still need to play around with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

If I install Bootcamp or Parallels and use DM, will I be able to sync with iCal and Address Book?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Flag434
    If I install Bootcamp or Parallels and use DM, will I be able to sync with iCal and Address Book?
    no, but a workaround would be that you can install Outlook, or Thunderbird (free from Mozilla) to do your calendar/contacts stuff in windows.

You can also use PocketMac for the Mac side and sync your cal/contacts. I just did it no problems an hour ago

Thanks Cliffr........If I install PocketMac to sync with iCal and Address Book, can I also use it to download programs and data. Most of the comments I have seen say they haven't been able to download programs. I am committed to iCal and Address Book. I do not want to go back to Entourage. Am I on a reasonable track?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Flag434
    Thanks Cliffr........If I install PocketMac to sync with iCal and Address Book, can I also use it to download programs and data. Most of the comments I have seen say they haven't been able to download programs. I am committed to iCal and Address Book. I do not want to go back to Entourage. Am I on a reasonable track?
    you can use PocketMac to sync that data, but unfortunately it doesn't work for adding programs for me... it might for you though. That is why I use Parallels/Desktop Manager