Hi, I just bought my blackberry and I was wondering how I can download themes ... Macs & MacBooks forum

pluckNstrum no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry with Mac

Advertisement

Hi,

I just bought my blackberry and I was wondering how I can download themes and install softwares using my mac.

Any bright ideas anyone?

sascha no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Blackberry with Mac

Did you see all those "How to"-posts?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Mac users have two options when installing Themes on a Blackberry.

PocketMac - Desktop Manager Software allows you to install applications and sync your Blackberry with your Mac Computer.
    PocketMac Link

Missing Sync - Also allows you to Sync your Blackberry but does NOT allow you to install applications like Themes.
    Missing Sync Link

A Mac users only other option to install a theme is to use the OTA install method. (Over-the-air).

OTA (over-the-air)

The OTA install method is easy and fast and requires no PC/Mac or USB cables. You should use the Internet browser on your BlackBerry
    (not the WAP browser) to navigate to the web page containing the link for the installation.

You can type the forum link into the browser on your device or paste it into an email & send it to yourself and launch it from the email message. Select and click on the theme's name, then use the Get Link option from the pop-up menu. The next screen will prompt you to download the file or cancel. Some information about the file is also displayed. Select Download and the process will begin. On EDGE and EVDO networks, the download should take less than one minute.

Upon completion, you will be prompted to reboot the device.

Special Note:

7100, 8700 users ONLY if this is your first time installing a theme via OTA, I recommend you download the theme file first, do NOT reboot, then download the Theme_Reader file (same web page) and then reboot.
    After that you'll be ready to use the new theme.

enjoy

pluckNstrum no está en línea Stack level 1

Sascha,

Yes. I've seen some post saying Mac users can only download OTA but I'm still hoping somebody knows another way.

srl7741,

Thanks man for your advice. I've got the pocketmac but I'm still looking for more than that. Hopefully, RIM will find a solution regarding this delimma for mac users.

vivalatyla no está en línea Stack level 2

tried downloading this for my friend onto his mac but it didnt work....just came up with some crazy lettering and stuff ne ideas??

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Close your eyes and Click your heals 3 times...

PocketMac or Missing Sync
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

i started using pocket mac and i t looks all right i like how it syncs my calendar but would we be able to load teh new 4.5 with it?