Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Do you have the latest iPod software installed on the iPod. There have been a ... Macs & MacBooks forum

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Advertisement

Do you have the latest iPod software installed on the iPod. There have been a number of upgrades along the way. Just a thought maybe that will help.

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Unbeleiveable. Even the top brass at Intel is convinced OS X is better. Interesting link.
    Thanks.

dcla no está en línea Stack level 1

Sure it's basically a hand held computer, but my concern is ease of texting, emailing and IM'g. Since there are no keys it seems like you will have to use a stylus or run the risk of ten thumbs syndromeby pressing on a flat screen (anyone who has used the calculator on a Treo knows what I'm talking about). The raised key pads on BB's ,Treos et al (although small) mitigate the risk of pressing the wrong key. It just doesn't seem like it will be easy, so I will wait, even know I am a dyed in the wool Mac addict

PIN/ID
    3070F784

You may very well be right. For all we know this will be yet another touch screen disappointment. So far the claims are it is the best one yet.

One thing is for sure though. I went from a BB7230 which couldn't do anything on the internet, to a Pearl which is significantly better on the net but far worse to type on. My opinion is that the O/S will be the killer. If Apple can follow through on the hardware their O/S will smoke 99% of any smart phone out there.

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B
    My opinion is that the IPhone will flop... Mainly for 2 reasons one, BUGS, I have a really big feeling that this phone will have major kinks and bugs... 2, consumers, most rich snotty teens will have this phone, I for one prefer a blackberry than any other phone, and I know it will go good for the first few months, but after that period of time it won't sell, because the rich snotty kids will go with a new fad!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Quote Originally Posted by dcla
    Sure it's basically a hand held computer, but my concern is ease of texting, emailing and IM'g. Since there are no keys it seems like you will have to use a stylus or run the risk of ten thumbs syndromeby pressing on a flat screen (anyone who has used the calculator on a Treo knows what I'm talking about). The raised key pads on BB's ,Treos et al (although small) mitigate the risk of pressing the wrong key. It just doesn't seem like it will be easy, so I will wait, even know I am a dyed in the wool Mac addict
    It's a good point, but the people that have been lucky enough to try the iPhone have been genuinely excited by how smart the software interface is in correcting mistakes and learning your vocabulary. Like anything else, I suspect the speed will come from using it for a while...probably just a day or two at that! I'm not a Sure-type user, but the people that are proficient on the Pearl swear by it.

ronin2046 no está en línea Stack level 1

Apple is notorious for buggy first gen products...

We'll have to see if Apple decides to close off the operating system on the iPhone.

Closed operating system + no removable battery = Me not getting an iPhone until rev. 2

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

The iPhone will never replace BB as a business alternative.

There are advantages to both, but it comes down to features and end user needs. I don't see RIM suffering too much here.

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Come one come on. The iPhone is a consumer device. I don't think the us government and their contractors trading in their BBs for iphones and chatting about their playlists by the coffee machine. It just isn't going to happen.

The fashion world will adopt it. Designers, architects, celebrities, and the masses as well.

I for one will never buy an iphone for my use. I am just not into closed OS and 4 year product cycles were the gadget is rendered obsolete because the new version. I've had so many apple computers over the years and have gotten tired because of the jump of the OS made the previous one useless. No more apple computers for me.
    Curious response - almost the sort of thing expected from someone who has never actually owned a Mac. When you consider that one of the most prolific and least expensive Macs ever made, the iMac introduced in 1998 will run OSX up to 10.3.9, and all iMacs with a 400MHz or better processor will run the latest version of Tiger (10.4.9 at the moment) I can't understand what you are talking about. What Macs have been made useless by an OS upgrade? Some of the very early G3's had to have a little bit of a tweak with the way they were partitioned in order to run OSX on a larger hard drive, but aside from that there are no real compatibility issues. The very early Power Macintosh (as against Power Mac G3/4/5) ran up to Mac OS 9.1, and the even earlier Motorola 98xx Macs up to System 7.x Over a period exceeding twenty-two years there have been only a handful of operating systems, and since Mac moved to PowerPC they have all been backward compatible with only two variations limited only by hardware speed. What is the problem as you see it?

Curious

Jeff

DarkScribe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    This is THE issue....no dependable sync, no desktop manager, no OS upgrades except by putting the phone on a Windows machine and wiping out certain items, no application uninstalls, and on and on. I somewhat understand RIM's lack of support on such a small market factor as Mac users, but as they (RIM) move from their corporate bearings into a broader marketplace (as evidenced by the Pearl), the MAC users should mean more to them. This said, it is likely many or most of us will jump ship to the iPhone just to get all these items to work properly!!
    I have only been using PinStack for a short time, but I am puzzled by the number of people who claim that they can't synch their BlackBerry with a Mac. I have had no problem doing so. I use both a Pearl and a 7130g and both synch with PocketMac either by USB or Bluetooth. Why are so many having problems? What are the problems that most are experiencing?

As for the new iPhone, I'll stick to Blackberry. The iPhone is too big and clunky for me, and too limited by the lack of 3G/Edge etc. I tend to only read email on my BlackBerry, seldom reply. I carry a notebook and if I must respond, will usually use it tethered to my BlackBerry rather that peck out a message on a microscopic keyboard. (Although for its size it is an amazingly functional keyboard.)

I use a BlackBerry for email and messaging, not for watching videos and playing games. People like me will need to see a lot more advantage in something like an iPhone to make a switch. I have an iPod and a HiRes pocket camera, iPod used non-stop, camera very rarely, so those features do not appeal. Most phone multimedia is a compromise that (to someone like me) does little other than shorten battery life.

Regards

Jeff

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567