Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by diesel1218 No because everything I own is MAC, and I am sick ... Macs & MacBooks forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218
    No because everything I own is MAC, and I am sick of BB having issues syncing. Now the Missing Sync is out for BB so the issues are being cut down for me, but I think the iPhone will do everything I want it to do.
    Same here....

Funny to track this poll that is on a great new blackberry site. While its only 142 people so far, I think its pretty amazing that over 50% of the people who have voted are buying the iPhone, AND THIS IS ON A BLACKBERRY WEBSITE NOT A MAC SITE!!

allblackberry.con

Is there an iPhone in your future?

Yes! I want one, you can keep my BlackBerry. 55.6%
    No! I'll just get a new BlackBerry. 33.1%
    One of each! BlackBerry for work, iPhone for fun. 11.3%

Total votes: 142

dfairlite no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

I'm very interested about it running os x, so are you telling me that you can just take your os x CD and load it onto the iphone.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

OSX is already loaded on the iphone.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

PIN/ID
    32CAA233

I think my biggest issue is going to be how much extra cingular is going to charge for what I have with T-Mobile for me to make a switch and still have unlimited data and text.

Well I figured it would be preloaded, but let's say something happens and you have to reload it, being that its the real os x and not a "mobile version" you can just pop in your os x CD for your pc and load it onto the phone? Or is it a "special" version of os x?

PIN/ID
    32CAA233

not sure on that issue, it seems that would be a possibility. Probably like the blackberry there willl be an application to download to install the OS.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by dfairlite
    I'm very interested about it running os x, so are you telling me that you can just take your os x CD and load it onto the iphone.

No, from what I understand at this point, the iPhone uses a reduced version of OSX to operate. The advantage it seems will be that it can handle more than current phone OS's, but that remains to be seen. It does however mean that you can have widgets and an interface with the Mac that is unsurpassed so far by other phone makers.

That is pretty sweet! The problem I see is that the IPhone is yet another big bulky phone. That's why I was so excited about the pearl, its small and plays media. Sure I could have got a windows mobile phone, but I would never do it because of size. asme with the IPhone

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by dfairlite
    That is pretty sweet! The problem I see is that the IPhone is yet another big bulky phone. That's why I was so excited about the pearl, its small and plays media. Sure I could have got a windows mobile phone, but I would never do it because of size. asme with the IPhone
    It is not a bulky phone! Hold the 30g video iPod in your hand....this is the exact dimensions of the iPhone except for a few milimeters in length. It is very thin, very sleek.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    It is not a bulky phone! Hold the 30g video iPod in your hand....this is the exact dimensions of the iPhone except for a few milimeters in length. It is very thin, very sleek.
    Its bulky compared to a pearl...

(Not saying its a bad thing especially if it compared to other options...)

Its slightly taller than a 30GB iPod, which is great, but I really don't carry around my iPod cause of the size (unless I know I"m going to use it) - AND its got 30GB of storage (well, 60 in my case..).. If the iPhone had that size storage and aside from the phone I could carry all of my MP3's and movies and make it more than a phone/PDA - then the size could be justified - but to me - it doesn't do anything a Pearl can't...

And - its also not really designed for one handed use, where the Pearl is.. if its all touch screen - which is very cool, but it does have its limits..

keep in mind - i am a huge Mac guy, I won't bas the iPhone - I think its awesome.. just in the current version, its not for me.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Its bulky compared to a pearl...
    The Pearl is thicker than the iPhone and only a bit wider...maybe you will change your mind when you actually hold one...who knows? I'm sure the storage capacity will grow quickly in subsequent versions, too but your point is good about how you would choose to use it. For heavy email users like me that have phones like the 8700 or 8800, there will be no comparison.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/a...to-q-and-bb-p/

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

The storage capacity is already 4X any BB on the market. I haven't seen anything larger than a 2GB micro SD card yet. The iPhone is smaller than the 8800 and with an O/S unknown times more powerful. My Pearl is a nice device for email and phone. For those who continue to say the iPhone is a toy, not a real business device, etc, is really a poor choice of words.
    I won't be going for a third BB that's for sure. Done with the sync issues, partial internet capability and it's ever so limited file capabilities. I want to open an attachement and READ it! Not just look at a microscopic useless version of it. I want a micro-computer for when a laptop is not a practical solution.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by iMacj
    The storage capacity is already 4X any BB on the market. I haven't seen anything larger than a 2GB micro SD card yet. The iPhone is smaller than the 8800 and with an O/S unknown times more powerful. My Pearl is a nice device for email and phone. For those who continue to say the iPhone is a toy, not a real business device, etc, is really a poor choice of words.
    I won't be going for a third BB that's for sure. Done with the sync issues, partial internet capability and it's ever so limited file capabilities. I want to open an attachement and READ it! Not just look at a microscopic useless version of it. I want a micro-computer for when a laptop is not a practical solution.
    I agree with all of what you have written. I do not expect RIM's corporate users to break free and be able, or even interested, in buying the latest technology, but the tables have definitely turned. An example, is the recent article by Intel's CEO about the iPhone:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...f-sings-iphone

Bubblez0163 no está en línea Stack level 2

It might be a great phone, the iPhone, but seriously, has anyone worked with a touch screen phone?? it can get a little frustrating at times when it doesn't do what you want it to do, and coming from Mac, I have problems with my iPod 30G Video 2nd Gen(?) (ok now pause *click*..pause *click*..PAUSE *click* pause!!! *click* oh why won't you just..oh there it goes..oh no now it's playing again Damn it!) lol

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

I remember having the Samsung sph-i300 and it was a touchscreen phone. It worked great, but for 2 things: The screen was just not bright enough outdoors and it had a stylus. Today, using the iPhone by touch with the bright output screens will be pretty good in most situations. Also, remember that your iPod does not run on OSX, the iPhone will. You will likely be right about it not being perfect, but it will be a better starting place than any other phone out there with regard to syncing up with a Mac!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast