Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hah I love mac junkies that are too ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hah I love mac junkies that are too dumb to work a computer and thus cause a computer to stop working and then jump up and down because they have to reboot it.

Trust me I have no frustrations about using a different environment it simply comes down to the fact that apple computers are inferior to pcs. Why do you think macs can run windows now? Because mac sucks, that's why
    You have no clue... "mac junkies that are too dumb to work a computer" - for the last 8 years I've been managing computer help desks that do support in the WINDOWS environment - yes, I am a Mac junkie, but I am also quite capable of working on a Windows computer and more than capable in making them work. Nowhere did I say I was anti-windows - my home PC is Windows (my laptop is a Mac, as have been my previous 3). Personally, I think the Mac OS is alot better (more stable, easy to use, more "logical", but I understand Windows is the more common OS... I just don't think its the better one...

But, since this thread is about the iPhone and not Mac vs Windows - I'll leave it at that. But please don't assume that because someone supports Apple they are dumb and can't use a Windows PC.

Back on track... iPhone vs. BB? I'm still taking my Pearl over the iPhone...

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

I do like the iPhone has the full browser, that may get rim and other companies to get on the ball with true multimedia capabilities, the only thing bberry is missing (well, I guess other than wifi)

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Mac vs Windows.

Mac users have a loud voice, but are such a small minority. Mac OS is a nice OS, is it more stable then XP? maybe but because 95% of all computers come with XP or Vista. More viruses, and Worms will be made for it. Windows before XP were really unstable, and the Blue Screen of death was the killer. With Xp and vista. you can shut down a program without your program shutting down your computer.

With the I-phone was distrubes me is the lack of support of Vista. Itunes is not capatible with XP. I am sure there will be some sort of Online Itunes for the Iphone. But just not having the capablities to sync with Itunes for windows will take me out of the market for this phone. I am unsure how long Itunes will be not compatible with Vista. But until then I will not buy this expensive toy.

At the same token, why cant Rim make BB sync with desktop manager for the mac? I would just love to see one OS, made by different companies. Not like unix..but a windows/mac Computer with one OS. THat would be neat.

newbie! no está en línea Stack level 2

rokin u gotta be kidding right? Im sorry to say that apples are the best computer for editing by far!! most of the people that work with macs are producers, djs, video editing guys. I personally work on a record company and its like standard having a mac. Another thing macs never slow down, windows have a gazillion viruses, plus u pay probably as much for a computer that runs on window, if you want a good one. It all depends what do u use your computer for. Apple is revotionizing pcs, they are the power in mp3s and now theyre going to the cel phone market. I think your just mad cuz ur a windows guy and hate that mac is to commercially involved but to make money thats what u gotta do and theyre not making bad products. UR JUST A APPLE HATER!!

Getting to the iphone again yeah it might not run perfectly on Vista but hey we deserve a phone for mac user cuz damn every phone/pda that comes out has trouble with mac. So just everybody stop making drama out of this either u get it or u dont. Say ur point buut dont start cussing other products just because YOU dont like it, just say i dont like it...end!.

The iphone vs BB fight who will win? nobody can say for sure, but bb is stable in cel phones and they're doing a great job with it. Im sure they will still sell as much and im glad for it cuz to ME they are the best phones out there. I hope apple does a good job with the iphone and evetually be stable but its a slow process and we gotta give it an opportunity. Plus the good thing is that its another brand to compete with BB so BB is going to try and beat them and its going to help them get better and try new things! so its not all bad for BB users.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by newbie!
    Getting to the iphone again yeah it might not run perfectly on Vista but hey we deserve a phone for mac user cuz damn every phone/pda that comes out has trouble with mac.
    I've gotta admit, thats a good point... For any Windows user to complain cause the iPhone may or may not be compatible w/ Windows is kinda of hypocritical considering how many devices out there work w/ MS but not Mac...

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    I've gotta admit, thats a good point... For any Windows user to complain cause the iPhone may or may not be compatible w/ Windows is kinda of hypocritical considering how many devices out there work w/ MS but not Mac...
    This is THE issue....no dependable sync, no desktop manager, no OS upgrades except by putting the phone on a Windows machine and wiping out certain items, no application uninstalls, and on and on. I somewhat understand RIM's lack of support on such a small market factor as Mac users, but as they (RIM) move from their corporate bearings into a broader marketplace (as evidenced by the Pearl), the MAC users should mean more to them. This said, it is likely many or most of us will jump ship to the iPhone just to get all these items to work properly!!

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

I am jumping ship as quick as i can...
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218
    I am jumping ship as quick as i can...
    How come?

Cool factor?
    Cause its a mac?
    Features?

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

How come?

Cool factor?
    Cause its a mac?
    Features?
    For me, it is definitely a matter of compatibility for all the items in my earlier post. All that said, I still think the iPhone will be extraordinary to hold and use on a daily basis. It is almost exactly like holding a 30g video ipod with rounded sides. Try it and you will see what its going to be like. It is in between a Pearl and an 8800, but the screen real estate is better than both, not to mention all the other items like visual voicemail. I'm in!

dfairlite no está en línea Stack level 2

Alright, where to start. The iphone looks and sounds great, I do however agree it is a toy, not a business tool. I am very VERY glad that apple is creating competition because it tends to inspire blackberry. It makes them more creative.

Now onto apple. If it wasn't for the ipod, apple would have ended long ago, and further, if they hadn't made the ipod compatible with windows, they would have sunk.

Windows is a prime example of capitalism at its best, survival of the fittest. If you want something done, windows will do it. If Mac is so much more superior then why is windows much more prodominant? Last I checked people and businesses want the product that does the best job. So why do they choose windows? Because it does the best job! Amazing how that works isn't it. So if Mac is superior in any way the.question I have is why don't the majority of people use it? Its not like Microsoft windows is required by law.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by dfairlite
    Alright, where to start. The iphone looks and sounds great, I do however agree it is a toy, not a business tool. I am very VERY glad that apple is creating competition because it tends to inspire blackberry. It makes them more creative.

Now onto apple. If it wasn't for the ipod, apple would have ended long ago, and further, if they hadn't made the ipod compatible with windows, they would have sunk.

Windows is a prime example of capitalism at its best, survival of the fittest. If you want something done, windows will do it. If Mac is so much more superior then why is windows much more prodominant? Last I checked people and businesses want the product that does the best job. So why do they choose windows? Because it does the best job! Amazing how that works isn't it. So if Mac is superior in any way the.question I have is why don't the majority of people use it? Its not like Microsoft windows is required by law.
    This thread is suppose to be about "Blackberry collecting dust", not a Mac vs. Windows debate (which by the way is so old, who cares). Stay on track or create a new thread. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by dfairlite

Yeah.. what Wclyffe said...

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Every thread I subscribed to about this is the same thing. They start bashing Apple due to lack of answers as to the iPhone being a superior device.

Some just can not cope with the fact that Apple's new iPhone will offer incredible convergence of; phone, email, web, the ability to store and READ doc files, music, camera, etc. Not to mention the fact that it will work COMPLETELY with MAC and PC through iTunes.

I have asked the question over and over again. What does the BB do that the iPhone won't do? ....and give it up already with the Push email. It wasn't RIM's to begin with and pulling email down every minute or so ,(automatically through the settings, WHILE MULTITASKING I MIGHT ADD), is just as good.

http://webworkerdaily.com/2006/10/26...-push-vs-pull/

But for those that have to have it. The iPhone will have PUSH email through a Yahoo account.
    Last edited by iMacj; 02-28-2007 at 01:04 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by iMacj
    Every thread I subscribed to about this is the same thing. They start bashing Apple due to lack of answers as to the iPhone being a superior device.

Some just can not cope with the fact that Apple's new iPhone will offer incredible convergence of; phone, email, web, the ability to store and READ doc files, music, camera, etc. Not to mention the fact that it will work COMPLETELY with MAC and PC through iTunes.

I have asked the question over and over again. What does the BB do that the iPhone won't do? ....and give it up already with the Push email. It wasn't RIM's to begin with and pulling email down every minute or so ,(automatically through the settings, WHILE MULTITASKING I MIGHT ADD), is just as good.

http://webworkerdaily.com/2006/10/26...-push-vs-pull/

But for those that have to have it. The iPhone will have PUSH email through a Yahoo account.
    You are completely right on target, and the iPhone is the new moving target on its own. No one will be describing how you adjust your new beta version of some tempermental sync software to get your info on your phone. It will all be there...email, music, photos, calendar, address book, and on and on.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

How come?

Cool factor?
    Cause its a mac?
    Features?
    No because everything I own is MAC, and I am sick of BB having issues syncing. Now the Missing Sync is out for BB so the issues are being cut down for me, but I think the iPhone will do everything I want it to do.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast