Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Just for a size comparison - here ya go: I'm not saying the iPhone is ... Macs & MacBooks forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Advertisement

Just for a size comparison - here ya go:

I'm not saying the iPhone is TOO BIG - I'm just saying its bigger than the Pearl I currently have and bigger than I'd want a phone to be..

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Interesting that the Pearl is thicker than the iPhone, but the iPhone is a little wider. Thanks.

Like I said, hold a video iPod in your hand and you might change your thinking. My wife has a Pearl and loves it so I held them together and there is barely a difference in size, especially for all the added features of the iPhone.

newbie! no está en línea Stack level 2

size??? is that the problem, have u seen all the features it has? plus the 8800 is pretty big, the pearl is the smallest pda phone out there. I guess if this is your first pda/phone because its so small than i get that but people who have been using pda phones since forever i dont think they're gonna say its big. The only real problem im gonna have with the iphone is keeping it clean, because lets face it, its really frustrating keeping your ipods clean and the pearl thats even worst i hate having to clean it every single moment that i lay a finger on it but hey its slick and it looks great.
    Last edited by newbie!; 02-23-2007 at 01:03 AM.

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Come one come on. The iPhone is a consumer device. I don't think the us government and their contractors trading in their BBs for iphones and chatting about their playlists by the coffee machine. It just isn't going to happen.

The fashion world will adopt it. Designers, architects, celebrities, and the masses as well.

I for one will never buy an iphone for my use. I am just not into closed OS and 4 year product cycles were the gadget is rendered obsolete because the new version. I've had so many apple computers over the years and have gotten tired because of the jump of the OS made the previous one useless. No more apple computers for me.

I must agree that the iphone is a fantastic product. I watched the keynote speech and I was enjoying it as much as the audience was. I couldn't believe I was so excited for a product I was never going to buy. I was excited because now every handset manufacturer has to work even harder because applke raised the bar once again.

Oh yeah, I will buy an iphone, for my mother. She's a designer who has used apples for the past 20 odd years. That UI will be just perfect for her.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    Come one come on. The iPhone is a consumer device. I don't think the us government and their contractors trading in their BBs for iphones and chatting about their playlists by the coffee machine. It just isn't going to happen.

The fashion world will adopt it. Designers, architects, celebrities, and the masses as well.

I for one will never buy an iphone for my use. I am just not into closed OS and 4 year product cycles were the gadget is rendered obsolete because the new version. I've had so many apple computers over the years and have gotten tired because of the jump of the OS made the previous one useless. No more apple computers for me.

I must agree that the iphone is a fantastic product. I watched the keynote speech and I was enjoying it as much as the audience was. I couldn't believe I was so excited for a product I was never going to buy. I was excited because now every handset manufacturer has to work even harder because applke raised the bar once again.

Oh yeah, I will buy an iphone, for my mother. She's a designer who has used apples for the past 20 odd years. That UI will be just perfect for her.
    Your post makes a lot of sense, but I would remind you that new models of the iPhone will likely come very fast like the iPod. As an aside, here is a survey I found on allblackberry.com. Its pretty interesting to see these percentages on a Blackberry site, not a Mac site!!

AllBlackBerry.com Poll

Is there an iPhone in your future?

Yes! I want one, you can keep my BlackBerry. 54.8%
    No! I'll just get a new BlackBerry. 33.3%
    One of each! BlackBerry for work, iPhone for fun. 11.9%

Total votes: 126

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I agree w/ the comment above about the iPhone being a consumer device, there'll be plenty of things the iPhone can do that a BB can't, but there'll also still be things the iPhone can't do that a BB can...

I think there'll be some 'switchers', but that 54.8% seems very high.. Then again its only 126 peopple and who knows the demographic..
    I saw another poll w/ 1900 people and only about 10% said they'd get an iPhone (which is what Apple wants - 10% market share would make them happy!)

wesstevens no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EOA517

I will stick with T-Mobile too. I don't understand the excitement. You can get an ipod with much higher capacity, for much less money. Besides, how much music will you be listening to while you are actually using your phone as a --- phone?

Get a grip. Its a novelty. Nothing but an expensive toy. ~via BB w(wap.pinstack.com)~

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

The iPhone is an apple product and that means that just like every other apple product it will be a fancy toy and nothing else. I like mac computers, they are fun. Beyond that however they are over expensive, unreliable and cheaply made. Also, from a professional stand point, they don't have a mature development environment...why would I use a mac when it won't run visual studio?

Anyway, I'm sure the iphone will be cute and fun and I'm sure a lot of kids will run out and buy one with their financial aid refund check but real professionals will never have a iphone because its just one more in a long line of pieces of crap from apple.

People will buy it because tv tells them to, or they read about it in a magazine but no one that needs a reliable, real world phone would be caught dead with one.

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    The iPhone is an apple product and that means that just like every other apple product it will be a fancy toy and nothing else. I like mac computers, they are fun. Beyond that however they are over expensive, unreliable and cheaply made. Also, from a professional stand point, they don't have a mature development environment...why would I use a mac when it won't run visual studio?
    No mature development environment? I'm a professional developer, and you are completely wrong. I attended WWDC last year. Xcode & Interface Builder are infinitely better than Visaul Studio and the new debugging tools that are coming out with Leopard are simply amazing. Eclipse, probably the best Java development environment out there, runs fine on OS X. What exactly are you complaining about? Visual Basic is perhaps the worst language I've ever used and I shudder to think that someone would actually write an application with it. The Visual Studio IDE is basically unusable.

I use Windows XP at work all day, and I hate it. There's nothing like coming home to a Mac
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    The iPhone is an apple product and that means that just like every other apple product it will be a fancy toy and nothing else. I like mac computers, they are fun. Beyond that however they are over expensive, unreliable and cheaply made.
    Aside from the complete BS that the rest of the thread rambled about.. Unreliable and cheaply made? C'mon now.. if your'e going to bash the iPhone then go ahead, admit that its not a product you'd be interested in and leave it at that - but to call Apple computers cheaply made and unreliable? Either you've never owned one, or you didn't take the 20 minutes it would take someone with half a brain to figure out that your frustrations are simply that its different from the Windows environment you're stuck in.

As for expensive.. Yeah, I'd admit they cost more than the advertised Dells and HP's you see everywhere, but price out an apples to apples (no pun intended) comparison and you won't find more than a few dollars difference either way.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Thanks for the intelligent replies that followed as I have very little to add, but this: I was a Windows user for many, many years and moved over to the Mac OS about 6 years ago. There is simply no comparison, and I really mean that. It just depends on what you need to do, and with who. As for working on my own computer in a solid OS that does not need to be rebooted...its Mac all the way.

PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

Hah I love mac junkies that are too dumb to work a computer and thus cause a computer to stop working and then jump up and down because they have to reboot it.

Trust me I have no frustrations about using a different environment it simply comes down to the fact that apple computers are inferior to pcs. Why do you think macs can run windows now? Because mac sucks, that's why

PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

I know, now your going to say blah macs run windows so they can be compatible with windows because windows and microsoft is a big mean company that has a monopoly and blah blah

Right, MS and windows is everywhere, why? Because its a superior product.

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

FAH! CINGULAR!!

I don't have any major carriers in my area. I wonder how long it will take for someone to figure out how to UNLOCK IT??

ladyhollman no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm sure the other companies will carry the iPhone as it comes into circulation. Patience.

If you want one, get one. If you don't want one, don't get one.

If it moves over to Tmo for offering, I will get one to replace my second phone. I shall keep my BB too.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast