Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'm sticking with Blackberry until all the bugs are worked out.... Macs & MacBooks forum

cclaw125 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Advertisement

I'm sticking with Blackberry until all the bugs are worked out.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BlackBerry to collect dust come June

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Clean? Whatever. My Pearl is constantly covered in mess. I'm not a filthy person, but fingerprints and dust. You've got to realise that the Pearl is not a sealed unit. That iPhone looks like it doesn't have anywhere for dust to build up!

Touch screen? Who cares! As long as it works as advertised, then I am all over that. Looks like a person could type quickly on it.
    I am too! Apparently, a lot of research went into the glass for smudge, scratch, and breakage issues. Having a full virtual QWERTY keyboard plus word completion is fantastic!

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Here's agreat article on how the iPhone got its start:

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...575410,00.html

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

I may have to think hard before upgrading my 7290. All of that great OS X support that RIM offers makes it a hard decision (sarcasm).
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by cclaw125
    I'm sticking with Blackberry until all the bugs are worked out.
    Makes sense, but the idea that I can truly sync all my contacts, schedule, tasks, notes, bookmarks, music without any issues may push me to move over pretty quickly. I also have a suspicion getting one of these phones may take a while as the demand is going to be huge no matter what the naysayers say.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

I checked out the iPhone on Apple's site. The device is truly remarkable. Without seeing it first hand, its very easy for me to be absolutely impressed with the things it can do and the ease of use. I converted from Windows to OSX this past year and I absolutely love it.

However, everything being touch screen and all, I don't know how easy I can get used to that. Besides, it doesn't seem much like a business phone at all. I need something that will be able to push more than one email account to me. This phone will sell like crazy. I was just in a Cingular store last week and a total of 5 people in the ten minutes I was there were asking about iPhone predicted launch, availability, and price.

All 5 people were BB owners......

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps
    I checked out the iPhone on Apple's site. The device is truly remarkable. Without seeing it first hand, its very easy for me to be absolutely impressed with the things it can do and the ease of use. I converted from Windows to OSX this past year and I absolutely love it.

However, everything being touch screen and all, I don't know how easy I can get used to that. Besides, it doesn't seem much like a business phone at all. I need something that will be able to push more than one email account to me. This phone will sell like crazy. I was just in a Cingular store last week and a total of 5 people in the ten minutes I was there were asking about iPhone predicted launch, availability, and price.

All 5 people were BB owners......
    I hear you, and agree it will be huge. Most all the Blackberry/Mac users I know are getting off the Blackberry just for the ability to be able to sync everything as easily as an iPod user. This alone will make it a better business phone for me!

Shayne Berry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I would have to disagree. Blackberry will always be around and strong

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne Berry
    I would have to disagree. Blackberry will always be around and strong
    From what I can tell, and read, no one is really arguing that Blackberry will have a solid place, but there is also no question in my mind many Mac users will "move over" to a Mac friendly operating system. I'd also point out there is much talk of how expensive the iPhone is. Look at the latest pricing for the new BB 8800. Its the same price for a lot less phone and features!! (No iPod, no Wi-Fi yet, etc)

$299 with 2-year activation
    $499 to buy it outright

The Cingular version will start shipping on February 20th.

newbie! no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is the first time I been in this part of the forum didn't even know till someone told me about it.

I think the first couple of iphones will likely have a few bugs, but they will fix that and sure its expensive but people buy palms and blackberry for what 200 less or even a 100 less for the 4gb and besides if u have a mac its going to be so much easier to use it witg the iphone. The other pda phones have a lot of trouble sync with mac.

Another thing thers people here that says the wii is way bettr than the ps3 u guys r blind the wii is gonna run at of itf hype abd games, ps3 hasn't even taken out good games, believe me when I say this ps3 in the end of 2008 it will be number 1. When games like final fantasy, resident evil, metal gear come out and they're gonna lower the price in around that period u all be buying one.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Ho hum. Another BB-killer to be that won't.

Don't get me wrong. The iPhone is starting to bring some enhancements and refinements to market that are sorely needed (including but not limited to better Mac support, decent full-fledged browsing, UI changes, visual voicemail navigation a la corporate UM (Unified Messaging - now on a lot of corp PBX systems)). Devices need to improve like this. But it still causes me to chuckle how the makers and carriers still haven't created an end-to-end email solution that leaves the BB and BES in the dust. you'd think that level of functionality would be a commodity by now given how important email is to most people. So far at the end of the day for a lot of people the push capabilities and reliability of the BB solution is the least of many evils and the best of all of the compromises to be made (for many people).

I await a new emperor (since the BB is such a boring and limited handheld) but alas new emperor has no clothes. But we shall see.

PS: I'm also in awe of Newbie!'s show of intelligence in the above post. He/she has sure convinced me.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

"I await a new emperor (since the BB is such a boring and limited handheld) but alas new emperor has no clothes. But we shall see." [/QUOTE]

I do, too. The iPhone holds the most promise for me at this point in time. It will certainly be flawed, but they will be one of the companies that will start to change the way we interact with the phone. Think about voice input to write your emails, not just visual voicemail. That's where I hope it goes and I do not see RIM taking us there just yet. As an aside, I went to the Cingular store and was under impressed by the 8800. It felt cheap and I was holding the real thing, not a showroom model. For all the criticism of the yet to be released iPhone, the 8800 has no 3G, no Wi-Fi, etc. I like the Pearl a whole lot more!! At a minimum, I would wait for the 8820 for sure!!

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

Honestly, as a big Apple fanatic, I'm not very excited about the iPhone at all. I'm hyped about the 8800 release on T-Mobile more than that. I know where my money is going this coming April! =)

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I'm w/ MisterGreg - I'm a diehard Apple fanboy, but the iPhone really doesn't do enough for me to think I'd give up my 8100 for it.. Who knows, maybe there'll be some extra special "must have" features when its finally released but right now the size of it just turns me away...

The only think the iPhone has that the BB doesn't that I'd want is the visual Voicemail.. if they came out w/ that for the BB It would be the ideal device for me.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    I'm w/ MisterGreg - I'm a diehard Apple fanboy, but the iPhone really doesn't do enough for me to think I'd give up my 8100 for it.. Who knows, maybe there'll be some extra special "must have" features when its finally released but right now the size of it just turns me away...

The only think the iPhone has that the BB doesn't that I'd want is the visual Voicemail.. if they came out w/ that for the BB It would be the ideal device for me.

Guys, I hear what you are saying, but give this a try. Hold a video iPod in your hand (mine is a black 30g)...the dimensions match the iPhone almost exactly except for a few milimeters in length. It is a striking size phone with amazing software design. Yes, there will be bugs, but even the first iPod was amazing...so this will be, too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast