I am looking to replace my Motorola Razr with a BlackBerry Storm and was wondering ... Macs & MacBooks forum

EFaden no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Storm and OSX

Advertisement

I am looking to replace my Motorola Razr with a BlackBerry Storm and was wondering how well BlackBerries play with OSX? This will be a personal phone so I won't have access to a BES and will most likely use BIS for email. I'd really like to get OTA synchronization of my calendar and contacts, but I will settle for USB or BlueTooth Synchronization. What are my options for a personal Storm without BES using OSX?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    From OSX, there are only a handful of options and none of them are that great.

I do know one individual who uses a sync utility (not sure which one) to sync his Mac calendar with his Google calendar. Apparently, this works well. He then uses the Google utilities to sync the calendar with his BB. Apparently, this was the best way he found and it was all OTA.

Good luck and let us know if you decide to go this route. I'm curious as I have a Mac at home and would like the option to sync with it if I desire down the road!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

EFaden no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats what I was thinking of doing. Just wondering if there was anything better. I am fairly disappointed with RIM. If they really want a iPhone killer they may want to pay at least some attention to the mac folks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    While I agree that it would be great to have a Mac version of Desktop Manager, I feel that RIM is simply looking at statistics. Having roots in the business sector and the fact that most businesses are running PC hardware, they simply don't feel they have a large enough market share.

Frankly, as much as I love my Mac, us Mac users are still in the minority by a long shot -- especially in the business world.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    RIM makes the pocket mac suite and it works wonderfully however osx does not play with the storm at all. Currently your options are tp pay for the Missing Sync or use vm ware fusion with a windows xp virtual machine~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by EFaden View Post
    I am looking to replace my Motorola Razr with a BlackBerry Storm and was wondering how well BlackBerries play with OSX? This will be a personal phone so I won't have access to a BES and will most likely use BIS for email. I'd really like to get OTA synchronization of my calendar and contacts, but I will settle for USB or BlueTooth Synchronization. What are my options for a personal Storm without BES using OSX?
    I would look into Missing Sync software. They are the smart players in this marketplace to sync any Mac with a Blackberry

clayatx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by EFaden View Post
    thats what I was thinking of doing. Just wondering if there was anything better. I am fairly disappointed with RIM. If they really want a iPhone killer they may want to pay at least some attention to the mac folks
    besides, the mac crowd is brainwashed to only buy mac stuff, i.e. iphone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just wait for Q1 2009 they already announced official Mac support