Hello everyone, I am becoming less and less partial to my Mac for many reasons ... Macs & MacBooks forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Our Best Syncing Solution will be Google- Wait and See!

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I am becoming less and less partial to my Mac for many reasons nowadays, between issues in Leopard, and the increasingly closed-platform Apple is giving, I've put more efforts toward Linux lately...

Realistically though, you know all those problems we've had syncing over the years, well that's about to change in a big way...

My Old 8700 is still ticking, with some new life brought to it by Google...I have stopped using Addressbook.app and iCal now, and have gone over to Google completely...

My Calendar is now wirelessly syncing, w/o Exchange, or SyncML, and guess what? Missing Sync can't screw up my data ANYMORE!

Google Updater has installed Picassa, Docs, Maps, GMail (for searching) and a slew of handy tools, and you know what? I think it's awesome...

Google Contacts integration and we're good to go!

The problem wasn't nearly as much BB for not supporting Mac, but for Mac not supporting basic PIM formats like outlooks and Thunderbirds of the world...

Give it a shot for your Calendar, it's completely reversible, and trust me you won't be sorry!

Thanks,
    ajm

spasm321 no está en línea Stack level 2
    One question, how do you sync your contacts with Google? Say you add a bunch of contacts to your gmail account or your computer and want to add them all to your blackberry's address book, how? Sorry, I haven't found how to yet but the calendar sync is very useful.

thanks

spasm321,

I am not sure if you can YET! but believe me I think it will work eventually...
    One tip- enter through gmail on your desktop, access the gmail program for blackberry, and everyone is there, If they'd let me enter contacts on there, I think that'd be just fine for me!

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    try PocketMac and set it to one way sync. for everything and you should run into less problems. i have a mac and i use it to sync my BB and its been great for me. sorry you are having problems. goodluck.

A one-way sync is an unsatisfactory way of functioning...Just wouldn't work for me

And besides, if I am going to one-way sync, why not use Google for my Contacts, that way, I open Gmail app on my Blackberry and all my contacts are there, which I can dial or email from, and not have to use a usb cable!

Just my 2 cents...