Hello felow mac users out there. I've read through all the threads here, but I ... Macs & MacBooks forum

denniesmit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

BB pearl - entourage syncing problems

Advertisement

Hello felow mac users out there. I've read through all the threads here, but I can't find the answer, i hope somebody can help?
    I just got my BB pearl a few weeks ago. I started having syncing problems after a week. I've had to do a complete data purge, sync-clean and entourage rebuild 3 times now.
    Every time after doing the purge it would be fine for a couple of days and then not. Right now it is not and my previous fixes are not working.I've tried syncing everything and syncing only one category but nothing works. Every time the problem seemed to be the contacts, but now, nothing is syncing. I've done a data purge, sync clean and entourage rebuild twice now and nothing... The syncing goes all the way and then stops about 7/8 of the way down in contacts and about half way down in calendar, but nothing has transfered to my phone.
    I don't have any unusually long date strings or anything out of the ordinary, and I have the latest entourage update, I really don't know what is wrong.
    I don't have ANY contact or calendar info on my phone and I have to travel with my old Treo to have this info on me! Please help! :cry:
    Danielle Smit
    I have a BB Pearl, MacPro OS 10.4.8 and use pocketmac to sync with entourage.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Can you fill out a TT here:
    http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?sec...posesubmission

It would be nice if you can report the feedback here so that we can continue to grow here with Mac support also.

denniesmit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E76E0E
    Yeah I send one out to the RIM mac support and one to the you listed, pocketmac support. I got a reply from RIM, about making sure I had no contacts with no name and asking for version numbers, etc. When all is set and done, I will post the results here.
    btw, after doing a purge for the 3rd time in a row last night I got a successful sync, but in the past it would only last 3-4 days, so hopefully tech support can still help me evn though it's working right now.

chi108 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have similar problems, but my sync manager crashes every time i sync.

Does your Pearl's screen go black and does it reset itself after you unplug the usb cable when you do your sync? The only way i've been able to get sync manager to not crash is by sync'ing w/ iCal instead of Entourage, but even then it didn't sync any appointments.

I logged a ticked but the response was fairly generic to run the DataPurge and SyncClean utilities (which I have done several times).

chi108 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB pearl - entourage syncing problems

danniesmit - did you get your problem resolved? If so, how? I think I am experiencing the same problem and so far I haven't seen any responses in threads or from pocket mac support. Thanks.