Now that the new OS supports DUN and the Mac can connect to it via ... Macs & MacBooks forum

dfredrick no está en línea Stack level 1

BB OS 4.2 supports DUN for 8700

Advertisement

Now that the new OS supports DUN and the Mac can connect to it via bluetooth. Is here a Modem Script that can be used. I'm trying different generic scripts with not luck. I even went to the PULSE website and downloaded there script for the 8700 and still no dice.

As a side point. If you download the new OS with DUN support does that mean you don't need to purchase PULSE software? Does that mean the bounty was a rash temporary fix?

Any help or direction would be great. If I knew anything about modem script writing, I would just modify the PULSE script to work with the 8700 DUN protocol.

Additional information: I'm attaching a Modem script that I modified to the best of my ability. I'm able to use it Communicate, Connect, and Authenticate (by the way, this is the farthest I've been able to get with any Modem Script). It stops at authentication. Can someone look at this and figure out why.
    Last edited by dfredrick; 08-16-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional Information

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: BB OS 4.2 supports DUN for 8700

I know that ATT requires a tethering plan on your phone so it can authenticate. If you have that added to your plan it should work. If no one can help you get this fixed I'd contact your provider.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dfredrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB OS 4.2 supports DUN for 8700

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    I know that ATT requires a tethering plan on your phone so it can authenticate. If you have that added to your plan it should work. If no one can help you get this fixed I'd contact your provider.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Spoke with Tmobile Today, they inform me that they do not support the 8700 tethering for the mac. However, I they will patch me through to RIM to discuss the matter. Again, it gets to the point of authentication...to me that means a connection is established...but then it informs me that it can not negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server.

Any thoughts.