I paid for the full version of PM pro and then I already had the ... Macs & MacBooks forum

miqueena no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

BB doesn't show up in PocketMac Pro & PM SyncManager

Advertisement

I paid for the full version of PM pro and then I already had the free PM Sync, and I used to just plug in my device via USB while using the free PM SyncManager and it worked just fine. The only odd thing that I didn't understand was that when I plugged the USB cord into the phone, a little prompt thing would come up asking if I would like to temporarily disable mass storage mode; I've chosen both options, yes and no, but I never saw any change in anything.

Also, when I used to use the original/free version, when the USB was plugged in the screen would turn gray with a computer connected to another device with "Desktop --" something, and it stayed that way until I unconnected the device from the USB.

However, now I'm trying to use both (preferably the PRO) and I've used about 4 different usb cords (2 of which came with the phone, 2 others which are the exact same shape but did not come with the phone) --- but I still cannot get my Blackberry to show up or be visible to my computer.

PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have to switch a setting in the BB itself? Is it the comp's fault? HELP!

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB doesn't show up in PocketMac Pro & PM SyncManager

PocketMac Pro is just for PocketPC. I don't think it is the same as the Blackberry version of Pocketmac. When the BB is attached to the computer via USB there SHOULD be the "connected to desktop" screen on the BB. The BB will not show up on the desktop. It will show up in SyncManager. I think that you might be confused as to how PocketMac works. I am pretty sure that the Pro version is not for a Blackberry.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: BB doesn't show up in PocketMac Pro & PM SyncManager

PocketMac Pro is NOT for the Blackberry, just the free version now from RIM (v 4.0.20).

Restart your system, pull the battery from your Blackberry so it will reboot too, plug in the USB cable, then start the application PocketMac. Click on the Blackberry icon and after it folds open you should be able to see your blackberry connected under "Device" and Status: "Available". Hit the sync button.