Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a Blackberry 8703e. I plan on installing pocketmac, but ... Macs & MacBooks forum

deejay89 no está en línea Stack level 1

Appled Mail

Advertisement

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a Blackberry 8703e. I plan on installing pocketmac, but I was wondering if it syncs up with Apple Mail as well?

Thanks,
    DJ

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Hey DeeJay. I honestly can't answer that but I am just trying to bump this post up for ya. I am sure someone will be around to answer it shortly.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are referring to .mac, yes it does...since .mac is imap email, it also tends to keep the boxes more organized than gmail, for instance.

Deejay, if you do have a .mac mail account, how are you coping w/ spam, I have soo much spam coming to the address I can't take it anymore, do you experience this?

All you have to do for .mac mail is sync the account, and specify it is IMAP, but most of the time, the BIS recognizes that so you may not need to enter that info

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're talking about synchronising email with a client by plugging it into a computer, the BlackBerry does NOT do this. It wouldn't be "wireless" email if it did!

As for .Mac mail, I'm with you on the spam! I actually have my BIS set to not deliver email from .Mac, and then when I have a sender I actually want email from, I add that sender to a new rule for .Mac on the BIS, and instruct BIS to deliver that email. Kind of a reverse filter, in a way. Works well for me, and then I simply delete the spam-tastic amounts of spam from .Mac mail when on Mail or in .Mac webmail.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

PocketMac does have that redelivery option

That is one thing I like about PocketMac, although I myself don't use it, because my laptop (what I use for work everyday) is not always on, i.e. at night when I go home, it comes with me...I really don't like using email clients very much anyway, so for me, I would rather just use it, "when I'm at my desk," but Redelivery works well for those that leave mail.app or entourage open at all times, computer is on at all times, it's basically the Desktop Redirector for .mac

Lewis, that's a great idea, but I use cox internet where I live, and the email account provided with service just seems soo much better than .mac as far as spam and security goes, I can't believe we pay for this, and there is no way to bounce sender or block messages, or even a spam box...

Sorry for the ranting, good luck w/ your BB

Ajm