This just in today. I have been waiting a long time to hear news like ... Macs & MacBooks forum

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Apple Q3 to SHATTER all records!!!

Advertisement

This just in today.

I have been waiting a long time to hear news like this. Apple on the rise! iPhone accessories on the horizon. Sales may be 50% higher than expected at possibly 15 million units in the first year!

I think RIM did about 3.5 million units in 2006. Analysts see PALM as doomed and RIM about to get a run for their money. The race is on.

http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/ne...FREE&cm_ite=NA

http://www.looprumors.com/article.ph...ords,620053754

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020700038.html
    Last edited by iMacj; 03-10-2007 at 08:47 AM.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Apple Q3 to SHATTER all records!!!

Thanks for the links!!

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Re: Apple Q3 to SHATTER all records!!!

hey Wclyffe! Some of the things I have been reading are sounding like history in the making. Of course it is all yet to be seen.

Some of the Wall Street talk about the iPhone is that it will completely raise the bar in the mobile communnications industry. One negative thing I have read there was that it will be more of a consumer device because of it's lack of office suite software. I give it 90 days on the market before that changes.

Sure, Apple controls what sw and when, at the moment but I think it is more because they want to verify it before letting 3rd-party providers offer useless garbage on their new prize possession. There's all kinds of 3rd-Party software for our Mac so this is very temporary. I still say Steve hasn't let everything out of the bag yet. Some companies are going to take the bait only to find themselves even further behind when it launches.
    I will say though, I do not want to leave T-Mobile. so I will give them until the end of 2007.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Apple Q3 to SHATTER all records!!!

iMacj....yeah, it is exciting, and I am on T-Mo as well. I love the price and service with them, but I can tell that I am probably going to jump and get an iPhone right away (if I can find one). I am tired of the "less than brilliant" support RIM has for its Mac users. Im just going to jump and know that Apple will consistently improve the unit as they go..hardware and software. (As an aside, hold a 30g video iPod and you are holding an iPhone...same dimensions except for a few milimeters in length. It is sleek, thin and with a case that has rounded edges, it will be a great device to replace both units in my world...8g version all the way!!

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I doubt I will get as good a service deal with Cingular, with Sprint now I get 1250 anytime, Free N+W, Mobile2Mobile, 1000 Text+ MMS, Power Vision and BB Service for $51 per month after my corp disc(sero plan ftw). I would love to hop on the iPhone tho. Probally worth the money. Wireless 'Podcast' and such will give SprintTV a run for the money I bet.

BTW I heard they will only be availible to new subscribers at first so dont switch yet!

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Thanks for the input from you both.
    I get 1500 min/mo + unlimited BB and T-mobile to T-Mobile all for $74.95 a month +tax!!!! PART OF THE REASON I LEFT SPRINT AFTTER ALMOST 7 YEARS!!!! More to that story another time.

I think I will ride out the year, since it will be 6 months left by the time iPhone arrives.

wclyffe: if you do get one in the beginning maybe you can keep us posted while we drool over it with envy for 6 long months! LOL!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks.
    iMacj
    Last edited by iMacj; 03-11-2007 at 11:40 AM.