Have you guys noticed how much slooower .mac mail getting to ur bb is vs. ... Macs & MacBooks forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

anyone with a .mac mail account...

Advertisement

Have you guys noticed how much slooower .mac mail getting to ur bb is vs. Gmail???

Gmail is near instantaneous but .mac can take up to 15 min!!

What's the deal??? Anyone know???
    torched!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: anyone with a .mac mail account...

Does this always occur with the .mac email? RIM only "pings" and looks for email every 15 minutes unless it recognizes you are actively receiving or sending email and then it will ping ever 2 minutes until it pings again in 2 minutes and finds nothing. Then it will start the 15 minute rotation again until it finds email.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Everytime gmail is near instantaneous whereas mac is sloooow

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

I'm not sure which side (Google or RIM) set it up, but after the last BIS update I think (2.0 or 2.1), Gmail became an "instant push" to the BlackBerry. As you've all seen with other POP or IMAP accounts, the 15-minute or so delay is present when retrieving messages.

This is the case for my .Mac mail as well as any message from my Comcast.net address that was set up when I got Internet service @ home. Since then, I've been trying update everything to Gmail so I get the benefit of the "instant" push (since I don't use BES/Outlook), although somethings are specifically tied to my .Mac address (e.g. AppleStore purchases, iTunes stuff, etc.)

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

How do you check your mail on .mac? Do you have your BB set to log in to .mac, or do you forward your .mac mail to your BIS account?

If you log into .mac, the 15 minute refresh rule applies.

If you forward your .mac mail (and/or yahoo or gmail or work or etc) to your BIS account, it is virtually instant. You can have 10 email accounts on BIS: use them

DJBcurve no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I'm returning to UK from France and plan to get a Blackberry Curve. I have an email account on dotmac and would really appreciate any advice I can get about setting it up for email send and receive on my BB. I'm getting conflicting messages about how difficult it is and even whether it works. I can see from this thread that it does work but there may be issues around timeliness. Any advice really appreciated.

Many thanks

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

joewoo - I use .mac on my BB. I forward the email to my XXX@blackberry.net email address. That has seemed to help with the problem, I would try that. Otherwise, as noted above, you will be stuck with the 15 min cycle.

djbcurve - I set up my .mac account through my providers website. This was just as easy as setting up any other email. If you have a more specific question, let us know and we can try to help with it.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas