Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a new MacBook Pro with Leopard and I'm wondering what everyone else ... Macs & MacBooks forum

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2

Any Mac Users? (Leopard)

Advertisement

I just bought a new MacBook Pro with Leopard and I'm wondering what everyone else is using for sync/charging....

I also have VMware Fusion so I can keep using the Win client if I really need to, but I'd rather not.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Any Mac Users? (Leopard)

I use PocketMac - it's free. there are several threads about it around here if you wanna read about it

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

Give Missing Sync a look also. It costs money, but having used both Missing Sync and PocketMac, it's worth it!

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got a Curve a month or so ago and then Leopard. I was using Pocketmac (my needs are simple) but it refused to sync one night. So I shelled out the money for Missing Sync and it refuses to sync photos or music. Not that I have a real need for that but it won't work for me. Contacts, calender, and notes are not a problem. I have a 4gb memory card...
    If anyone has encountered this problem and resolved it I would appreciate your advice. Chris93372 it works for you?
    OP i just got a copy of Windows to use Desktop Manager when a new BB OS comes out. Only way to install it as far as I know. I am using the free bootcamp that came with Leopard.

JoeSPAR10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D68FE

I'm using PocketMac. Not sure what to think of it so far. For one I'm annoyed that it is a whole separate application from iSync. Why can't they respect the infrastructure already built in and just make a plugin for iSync? Also, in spite of what they say it is still a PowerPC app. So I go make a pot of coffee whenever i start up the app.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSPAR10 View Post
    ... in spite of what they say it is still a PowerPC app. So I go make a pot of coffee whenever i start up the app.
    I'm assuming you have an Intel Mac otherwise you wouldn't comment on PowerPC, but I have no issues with it being slow on my MacBook.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

JoeSPAR10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D68FE

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I'm assuming you have an Intel Mac otherwise you wouldn't comment on PowerPC, but I have no issues with it being slow on my MacBook.
    Yes, that's correct. I'm on a Core2Duo MacBook (2GB RAM). It runs fine once it's spun up. The problem is how long it takes to start. It also sucks up a huge amount of RAM. This is common for PPC apps running through Rosetta. I saw the same behavior from MS Office/Mac until I yanked it. NeoOffice and iWork start much more quickly. I believe PocketMac is the only PPC app I have left on my system.

Mr. OX 2006 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240BC990

I use PocketMac and have no problems.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'm using PocketMac as well for my iMac (Leopard 10.5.1). HAd a few problems initially, but those seemed to have worked themselves out...smooth sailing since then.

ViroBono no está en línea Stack level 1

I used PocketMac without any problems - until I upgraded from an 8100 to an 8120, which isn't supported (nor is the 8130).

As I had already used Missing Sync with a previous PDA, I was able to get it for BB at a discount - it works very well.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by ViroBono View Post
    I used PocketMac without any problems - until I upgraded from an 8100 to an 8120, which isn't supported (nor is the 8130)...
    I have an 8130 and use PocketMac (as stated above) with no issues. Make sure you have the latest version. I have 4.0.20b
    http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di..._solutions.jsp
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got my new iMac the other day. Still trying to figure it all out but downloaded pocketmac. Works great for me other than the fact that on every sync, it gets stuck on synchronizing tasks. Dont know how to fix it aside from hitting quit everytime.

ViroBono no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I have an 8130 and use PocketMac (as stated above) with no issues. Make sure you have the latest version. I have 4.0.20b
    http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di..._solutions.jsp

I'm using the latest version. I've recently installed a new hard drive in my G5 iMac (I have Missing Synch on my Macbook Pro), so with a new install of Leopard, with latest updates, and a newly downloaded PocketMac, I've tried again. Same result - 'unable to connect to Blackberry'!

RRisinge no está en línea Stack level 1

I do not find RIM's mac sync solution viable (via Pocketmac's implementation of intellisync). Had to reinstall pocketmac several times before it became 'stable'. Even then, it is finicky and has never been reliable.

Since I also work in windoze I have found the RIM desktop manager to be reliable for backup purposes. If you only work in Leopard I'd strongly recommend trying MissingSync. Although I have not used MissingSync with BB (only with Palm), MissingSync was responsive and issued frequent software updates to address any identified bugs.

rainydayz no está en línea Stack level 3

I use Missing Sync on my Intel Mac without a problem. I forked over the money for it because I'm not comfortable with the thought of installing Windows on my Mac.~via PimpBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast