My first laptop was an Apple PowerBook 140, I've used each and every new PowerBook ... Macs & MacBooks forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Adieu MacWorld & Mr. Jobs...

Advertisement

My first laptop was an Apple PowerBook 140, I've used each and every new PowerBook / MacBook / MacBook Pro since, as my personal laptop. I've owned many iPods, and both iPhones.

I've attended the MacWorld Conference in San Francisco every year. And this year will be the last. The party is over, sad but true.

For more see my blog.

Adieu Steve..

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i read that on sfgate this morning...what a bummer!!!

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was looking forward to the keynote. Oh well. Hopefully there's plenty of cool stuff to see when I go
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboi View Post
    I was looking forward to the keynote. Oh well. Hopefully there's plenty of cool stuff to see when I go
    I think you will see a lot of cool stuff, as this is an event that is planned well in advance.

That said, I'm witnessing just another one of Apples typical arrogant moves against everyone but themselves. They've essentially "flipped off" IDG, the promoters and host of this event for the last 25 years. For Steve Jobs to wait until the very last minute to drop this "bomb" on the MacWorld Expo Team is uncalled for, and quite typical. This last minute public announcement has sent waves of discontent throughout the masses of loyal followers and customers of Apple.

In typical fashion, it's " _ _ _ _ You"

We "Apple" are doing whatever we want, whenever we want. We could care less about anyone that it has a negative impact on. And if any of you (read: customers, vendors, 3rd party suppliers, the press, etc.) don't like it, tough.

This is precisely the side of Apple that I find repulsive.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Hopefully it wasn't necessitated by awful news regarding Mr. Job's health Arch....

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Hopefully it wasn't necessitated by awful news regarding Mr. Job's health Arch....
    Yes I could not agree more. At the end of the day I do wish Mr. Jobs good health and all the best.

The facts are that he is an icon, has accomplished more than many other creative types, and we are all better off because of his contributions to the hi-tech community.

bbguy2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

In typical fashion, it's " _ _ _ _ You"

We "Apple" are doing whatever we want, whenever we want. We could care less about anyone that it has a negative impact on. And if any of you (read: customers, vendors, 3rd party suppliers, the press, etc.) don't like it, tough.

This is precisely the side of Apple that I find repulsive.
    I couldn't agree with you more, archer6. I also think this kind of attitude is pushing away a lot of people from Apple's products.

I friend of mine said the other day "I love the iPhone, but I really can't stand Apple".

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Apple is definitely an arrogant company and this aspect of their strategy is both was makes them so loved and also what will their downfall in the future ...
    Mind you I really hope they change and go back to the way they used to be.
    I too am a big apple fanboy, own a lot of apple products ranging from an iPod shuffle to two MBPs as well as Apple TV, iMac etc...
    "Think Different" was their slogan before ... i think it needs to come back ...

bbguy2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Apple's image has become an extension to Steve Jobs', and this is going to be a big problem for Apple going forward. They will need to figure out a way to keep the two separate somehow.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed i 100% agree with what you just said i myself have a hard time seeing a Jobs less Apple...