I emailed PocketMac the other day looking to solve a long standing issue and they ... Macs & MacBooks forum

oxjox no está en línea Stack level 1

Access SD card in OS X. PocketMac tech support says it's built in to Finder

Advertisement

I emailed PocketMac the other day looking to solve a long standing issue and they were absolutely no help at all. In fact, the response had nothing to do with my issue (or computing platform) at all. Below is my email to tech support. I have a MacBook Pro and I'm using the most recent version of PocketMac for BlackBerry to try to access the media on my 8130's SD card.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Subject: Access Media Card

The only reason I purchased this software was to access the SD card but I have tried uninstalling and reinstallling a few times already without any luck. I am connected to the device via USB and tried selecting "Browse Device Files and Folders" but it just doesn't do anything.
    If I start PocketMac first and then connect the BB it does not show up in my device list. I must first connect my BB then start PocketMac and I see my device listed as 317BCF61.
    I briefly get the screen on the BB that says connected to desktop but that's it. The RIM KB10972 suggests turning OFF Mass Media Storage. When i do that, the "Browse Device Files and Folders" grey's out.
    This BB is using BES so I have no need to sync contacts or calenders or email, all I want is to get my pictures off of the memory card. Is there any way you can help me with this?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just posted the other day in another thread. I upgraded my 8130 to 4.5OS and FINALLY my SD card shows up under leopard.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is this issue with the latest release of pocketmac?

dj_chiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think the issue is actually a BB/MAC issue... with or without pocketmac loaded, you could never see the SD card... I upgraded my 8130 to 4.5 the other day and whalla

neechi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B51069
    I can see my SD card just as a mounted drive using OS X. I have the mass media mode enabled on my phone and it mounts just like a thumb drive. Not sure if that will help you but thought I would throw it out there.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    i have a macbook and am unable to have the computer recognize my sd card connected via usb. my settings are media support: on encryp: none mass storage mode: on auto enable: on

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    yes you should be able to see it. As a mounted drive on your desktop. It usually take around 10-15 seconds. Do not open pocketmac until you see it mounted on your desktop.

cito1584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24193AEE
    To get the files over to the Mac you can always Bluetooth them. Might take a while depending on how many files though
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dionigi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b941b
    try running Disk Utility (in Apps>Utils) and see if it shows up as a removable drive when you plug it in. Mass Storage Mode should be turned on. if it shows up in the list you should be able to force it to mount.