Thsi is a first I wanted to pass along since I have had just about ... Macs & MacBooks forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

8900 OS Update troubles using VMWare on Mac

Advertisement

Thsi is a first I wanted to pass along since I have had just about every BB including Bold and the Storm but 8900 presents new challenges. If you use Windows using VMware on a Mac, the 8900 will not allow an OS upgrade and will hang at the "loading RAM Image" section and then report an "Unknown error encountered". Does not seem to be any way around this except upgrading on a PC. I installed perfectly fine using a Sony Vaio PC with XP but the Max VMWare just wont allow the reboot and reconnect of the 8900 during the update to .133. I am not sure if this is only for .133 but its the only one I have ever had this issue with. Will let you know on future updates if the same problem exists! Love the 8900 but this is a bit of a pain for those of us who love the Mac and only use Windows for Blackberry and a few things for which we have no choice!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well i am a Mac user and dont own have a single PC available in a 1km radius lol (on purpose :P).
    What i do, is triple boot my Macbook Pro on MacOSX, Ubuntu and Windows7
    Therefore i have three different native boots with NO errors whatsoever.
    Maybe you should look into that ? http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html
    Its really easy to setup, just launch the Bootcamp Setup Assistant on your mac

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    very true Ranxoren! I have only tried the windows boot while running the Mac. I have the ability to boot from Windows directly instead of running Windows within the Mac. Excellent point I had not consdiered cause I never had to before! Will try that next time!

fmcgirt no está en línea Stack level 1
    You might want to try Boot Camp. I use it with XP Pro SP2 on my MacBook Pro
    with 10.5.6 and have had no problems except DM does not always recognize the the update and I have to use the apploader but that is true on native PCs too.

Have upgraded 8130, 8330, 8320, 9000 and 8900 with no problems on the Mac.
    Last edited by fmcgirt; 02-05-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo