HELP! Apple tells me that it should work with no issues. However, I'm unable to ... Macs & MacBooks forum

rsmeske@msn.com no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8830 sync w/ Outlook / Parallels on iMac

Advertisement

HELP!

Apple tells me that it should work with no issues. However, I'm unable to get the Blackberry Desktop Manager / Windows XP Pro to recognize my Blackberry. I get errors indicating that the USB port hasn't got sufficient power.

Has anybody encountered this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have unplugged my 8830 and plugged it back in. I have downloaded the USB drivers from Blackberry. Nothing has worked so far.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

drozek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B1D26F
    Werid it has worked for me when I had my MacBook Pro. You try messing with the USB settings in Parallels?

rsmeske@msn.com no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes

I have done just about everything. I'm going to give an Apple consultant a try before returning the entire works and eating some serious services (installations) fees.
    RSM

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping
    Try a different cable, sometimes it works out good. I've had the problem before under you settings and changing the cable made the trick. Also make sure your not connecting it via a USB HUB that can make a big difference.
    ___
    SFC. Megabite

xholmezx78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Make sure you have the Blackberry software for your device installed to Windows Xp along with the Blackberry desktop manager.

The error you are receiving with the insufficient power, is due to a lack of drivers to charge your blackberry device. You can verify this by looking in the Windows XP device manager, and if you see a USB Mass storage device, but no Blackberry device, you are for sure missing the driver. If you do see the Blackberry device listed under USB devices, then you need to install the Parallels driver utility. The Parallels driver utility add additional WinXP functions to your virtual machine, and also includes additional drivers for Windows to recognize your Mac hardware.

I have a MacBook pro running Parallels and Windows XP, VMWare Fusion, also running Widnows Server 2003. All 3 OSes are fully functional with my Blackberry device.

dplette no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmeske@msn.com View Post
    HELP!

Apple tells me that it should work with no issues. However, I'm unable to get the Blackberry Desktop Manager / Windows XP Pro to recognize my Blackberry. I get errors indicating that the USB port hasn't got sufficient power.

Has anybody encountered this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have unplugged my 8830 and plugged it back in. I have downloaded the USB drivers from Blackberry. Nothing has worked so far.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hope you got your answer already but the fix is easy. To have Parallels capture your BB, Click on Devices, USB and you'll see your BB there if the USB cable is connected and your BB is on. Click on that and your BB will be recognized.

Doug