Hey all. Back when I was on a PC I was using my 8703e as ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jbischke no está en línea Stack level 1

8703e as a modem for a Mac

Advertisement

Hey all. Back when I was on a PC I was using my 8703e as a tethered modem. It worked relatively well and was great when I traveled. I switched over to a Mac a few months back and unfortunately they don't have the same software for the Mac. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the 8703e to work as a modem (tethered or otherwise) with a Mac?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 8703e as a modem for a Mac

www.imobimac.com

Only the 4.2 OS has the ability to DUN thru bluetooth unfortunately.

LisainNC no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually, there's a program called Pulse (the company is BrainMurmurs) that has software that lets you do Bluetooth dialing. I use it with my Verizon 8703e and it's OK for email and only very limited web browsing because it's very slow (dialup speed or slower)...and the software cost $50 when I bought it a few months ago; haven't checked lately. Better than nothing in a pinch.

jdemot no está en línea Stack level 1

If you've got Parallels w/ a WinXP image, you can do it. I use it quite a bit and get full EVDO speeds via USB tethering. Setup a WinXP image in Parallels, install VZAccess Mgr on it. Using Internet Connection Sharing, share the connection created. Use VZ Access Mgr to connect, set Parallels to use "host only" networking, then reacquire an IP address on the Parallels NAT interface (it will get an IP from the XP ICS) and you're on. I keep a small XP image just to use for this and it works great.

hth