i was in the middle of a text when my screen went completely white. it ... Macs & MacBooks forum

jamesTx! no está en línea Stack level 2

8700g crashed?

Advertisement

i was in the middle of a text when my screen went completely white. it came back a couple of times. but now after taking the battery out, i don't get a screen at all. i'm kinda freakin out. none of my contacts are on my sim card.
    any suggestions?

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731
    i would back it up on your pc - phone numbers etc can be recovered on pc while you see if you can fix the problem

lesawags no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30155F71
    Ok 1st of all I'm a total newbie. Ie.1 month but, I actually might be able to suggest something and might be able to help in the tiniest of ways...I'm so excited to finally be able to contribute anything.(I'm in texas also) in the last 5 days my bb has done this 2 times..(.so stressful) did it give you any error code? Mine gave a java error code of 102.unfortunatley I had downloaded a game called breeders cup and I had to reset my blackberry 2 times. I lost my address book and everything! The 2nd time I learned my lesson and back up all my info on desktop manager! Duh I should of done that after 1st time. These pinstackers will come to the rescue..they are like BB gods! Haha goodluck! Lesa

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    lesa, thanks for relating your experience. Yes, the best advice. Always backup your BB before Installing any App or Theme. And a bad experience will teach that lesson, won't it. Sorry you had to go through it though.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Interesting, Breeders Cup is a magmic game. I have had issues with transferring their games from my PC to BB, twice necessitating a complete OS reload. Others have reported similar problems. Would it be possible (Hayden?) either to run a thread on this topic and distill the data for transmission to magmic OR for a StackPro to contact them for a response? Rcbjr, you're online, what do you think?

i'm trying to load the desktop manager on my mac... but it won't open
    iwent to pocketmac to download it from there but still won't open

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    jamesTx! it might be useful if you start a new thread for a new topic. Otherwise we end up with just one VERY long thread ~;-)

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    james, As your last post is provided in response to some of the advice given earlier, it is not necessary or appropriate to start a new thread. I consider it just more information in trying to get you back up and running on this problem. While it's not specifically related to the cause of the BB error, it has to be corrected before you can complete the troubleshooting. What problem is PocketMac giving you when trying to install it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    giamburrasca, I haven't run too many Magmic games, but the ones I have, haven't given me a problem. It might be appropriate to start a thread in the third party Apps forum if you feel it's a wide spread problem. That way we could get a feel for just how wide spread a problem this is.

Feel free to start one, I'm sure it would be all right.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanx Rcbjr,
    i get an error message stating "unable to connect to blackberry error 1_skipping" also, i don't know which application to open it (pocketmac) in.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm not familiar with PocketMac, so can't really help. Let me see what we can do to get this solved.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

o.k. had no luck with pocketmac... went to a friends house with DM and it didn't recognize my device, although my PIN number came up. i read the other threads for device recognition and still no dice. Then his PC freaked out and he blamed it on me. Do I have a new paperweight? I'm thinking of sending it somewhere but I don't want to put a bunch of money down and have the same results. Could this have anything to do with downloading Google maps the day before this all happened? I hate to admit I'm losing hope.