Hi, From what I gather, looking at other threads here, this is not an original ... Macs & MacBooks forum

dpfels no está en línea Stack level 2

8300/Curve and PocketMac with Now software

Advertisement

Hi,
    From what I gather, looking at other threads here, this is not an original problem. I have a new 8300 which I am attempting to syncronize with Now Up-to-date and Now Contact. I have some intermittant success, but still nothing reliable.
    The first sync worked for everything except my calendar. Since then, I have been able to run a sync on most of the conduits, but never the calendar. I was also able to sync back to the mac iCal application.
    I have just switched over from a Palm650 which I kept in sync using Missing Sync. Obviously Missing Sync does not support Now software for BB.
    Is there any workaround? I am frustrated with trying again and again to get the connection. I have tried the various tricks of syncing one conduit at a time, but that does not help the calendar sync.
    I have also tried contacting tech support with this problem, but there is no reply. Does PocketMac still support this now that it has been purchased by RIM?
    Thanks for any and all advice!
    Dan

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8300/Curve and PocketMac with Now software

Yes Pocketmac provides support .... See: http://www.pocketmacsupport.com

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Yes Pocketmac provides support .... See: http://www.pocketmacsupport.com
    I've sent dozens of emails to them over the past 4 or 5 years (different problems with different platforms/programs) and have never received a response other than the automated "we have received you inquiry" email.

In my eyes they offer support but they don't give it.

hecberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250FE0D3

i am having the same problem.. cant sync 8300 with Mac.
    did you ever find an answer that worked? other than try the pocketMac which really does not support 8300??

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Hello and welcome to the new stackers, you may want to have a look at this regarding pocketmac and BB.
    http://theappleblog.com/2006/12/05/p...erry-with-mac/

Thanks,
    None of the stuff listed on theappleblog seems to help. I have tried loading the software, then connecting the 8300, then syncing, to no avail.
    One thing I did notice was that the manager that handles syncing the Now Calendar was loading then quitting rather quickly. A glance at the PMSystem report suggests that the manager is crashing upon loading (the manager called NowRIMCalendar). I had a look at the crash log for that manager and see that it is indeed crashing on startup.
    I am in contact with someone at PocketMac. I have not yet heard back on this latest round. I will post something here if it seems useful.
    Thanks and any suggestions are welcome.
    Dan

Hi,
    I finally heard back from PocketMac.
    They are aware that there is a problem with Now Calendar. They say they are fixing it in the next release.
    At least I know not to waste my time trying to get it to work.
    Dan

So I have given up on PocketMac.
    Since I needed to use iCal and Address anyway, I decided to buy MissingSync. I had used MissingSync with my Treo650, and it worked flawlessly.
    It took me a long and convoluted route to export everything from my Now Calendar to iCal (I can write that down if anyone would find it useful). Now I am busy syncing everything into my BB via Missing Sync. There are no more problems with pugging in the device in exactly the right order. Everything seems to be working as it should, so far.
    I will update this as I learn more.
    Dan

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got missiny sync for Blackberry. I am trying to figure out how to get my entourage folders on my blackberry with out messing up my BES email accoutant i have through my primary job.

Missing sync is confusing as all hell!
    Last edited by jekko1; 08-07-2007 at 04:16 PM.