Just upgraded from 8100 to 8120 (on O2 in UK), and discovered that PocketMac doesn't ... Macs & MacBooks forum

ViroBono no está en línea Stack level 1

8120/8130 and PocketMac

Advertisement

Just upgraded from 8100 to 8120 (on O2 in UK), and discovered that PocketMac doesn't work with it. Then, PocketMac sends an email telling me all about the latest version, which provides:

enhanced support for connecting newer BlackBerry handhelds with newer BlackBerry
    operating systems.
    But not the 8120 or 8130, apparently. All I get is the 'error 1: skipping' message. PocketMac support gives a workaround - that doesn't work.

Has anyone been able to sync an 8120/8130 using PocketMac? Or does anyone know if or when a compatible version of PocketMac is likely?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 8120/8130 and PocketMac

sorry for the delayed help.
    what version of PocketMac do you have? I just installed 4.0.20b (the about says 1.0 (1.0.9))
    Does it see your 8120 ok?
    What are you trying to do with it, sync what (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, bookmarks, email) with what (address book, Entourage, Mail.app, iCal, Stickies, Safari, or something else)?
    I have tested it with Contacts (2-way sync to address book) and Calendar (overwrite Mac to iCal) and went fine.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-18-2007 at 09:32 PM.

djm_trading no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so I was relieved to see others have the same issue with Pocket Mac as I (actually, my wife) do. Neither my Mac Pro, or Mac Mini will recognise the pearl 8120 when plugged into the USB port, and so Pocket Mac does not either. Going into the Mac system info (via About) does show the device on the USB port, but nowhere else. The 8210 is all of 4 days old, so it's bang up to date, as is the all the hardware/software in use. Please don't force me to go back to using windows!
    :cry:
    djm

oshloel no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been using PocketMac 4.0.20 (not b) with the Verizon 8130 for a couple weeks. I am using it to sync the Mac Address Book, and Now Calendar. Actually, I'm pushing this data from the Mac to the Pearl since I've had some inconsistent results when trying a two way sync. The overwrite/push has been routinely successful, but it's not the ideal that a true sync would be. Note that the contacts field mapping shown in the PocketMac PDF manual is incorrect in several places. Also, I have not had any luck transferring tasks (to-dos) from Now Calendar. PocketMac hangs 90% of the time.

At least I can get most of the data I need passed in one direction.

Rick

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

I also have the problem. I have been using a Pearl 8100 and just upgraded to 8120 to gain the wi fi. Im fairly new to blackberry as well as only had the 8100 a short time.

My device isnt recognised either - however my old 8100 was when I used this.
    Does anyone know if there have been and further developments on this?

I emailed PocketMac support several days ago - no answer so far.

I see that on the Blackberry page on PocketMac's website, they've added a note to say that the 8120 will be supported on the next release. They don't say when that will be, however...

jwilcox09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2454d343
    i am using 4.o.20 (B) and it when i plug my phone into the computer it starts to auto sync then my phone just keeps restarting until i unplug it....help!!!
    Check out my OTA downloads

JW Blackberry Designs

wyldcrd611 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone get the answer to this? I just got my 8120, and plug it in, and pocketmac doesn't recognize it. I am using the newest version of the software, in fact I installed it twice just to make sure......

wyldcrd611 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK, Here's the deal, this is kind of a PITA, but what I had to do was uninstall all the software, and then re-install it along with the updated drivers twice in order for the software to see the 8120. Works fine now tho....
    ~matt