Hello everyone. I just got my first blackberry from t-mobile and have been trying for ... Macs & MacBooks forum

brettofdajungle no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 tethering in leopard unsuccessful. HELP please.

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I just got my first blackberry from t-mobile and have been trying for three days to tether it as a modem with no luck. I was on the phone with a t-mo rep for an hour and he couldn't help me. I think since he didn't have updated info for leopard.

Here is what I have done.
    - I downloaded the updated leopard script from (the fibble site that i apparently can't post a link to)
    - I set up the bluetooth device selecting research in motion for vendor and blackberry 8100 for model.
    - I left user name and password blank and put "wap.voicestream.com" for phone number.
    - After that was finished I went to the network page, entered wap.voicestream.com in the phone number field and guest / guest for user name and password.

Now the first time i tried to connect, it actually did, or at least it said it did. I was shown as connected and had perceived data flow however web pages would not open. When i went to a webpage in safari it did not give me the "not connected to the internet" message, however the progress bar wouldn't move, ichat wouldn't sign on, etc.

I disconnected and tried again but it wouldn't connect. After several unsuccessful attempts I erased all the settings, restarted the compy and tried again. Same thing happened. I connected but couldn't access anything. Subsequent connections were unsuccessful. It would just say connecting for a long time, then disconnecting, then i would get the error message "Could not negotiate a connection with the remote PPP server. Please verify your settings and try again"

Please someone help me with this. Oh and by the way. It was a clean install of leopard, not an upgrade. Thank you in advance.

Re: 8100 tethering in leopard unsuccessful. HELP please.

bump! Please someone respond. I'm dyin here.

sigh....bump

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Have you try this ? Though the instruction's done not on Leopard, it won't hurt to at least give it a try. Have tried it for my 8100 and 8300 but no luck but who knows you might be lucky. All the best!

yeah i sure did. No luck. Thanks for the reply though. three forums in three days and no reply until now you

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm pushing my luck trying for more than a dozen of times just a few minutes ago but still no luck though

Just in case you didn't know, those scripts on that page you linked are for tiger and won't work with leopard. This forum won't let me post links so if you google "blackberry leopard script". the first result should take you to an updated leopard script. good luck!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Try this link for the Leopard script.

http://www.fibble.org/archives/2007/...d-modem-s.html

enjoy

DougBlossom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D0C5E

Has anyone had any luck with this? I have been unable to get it to work. ;(

oopswrongplanet no está en línea Stack level 1

tmobile pearl 8100 tether to tiger...?

I'm new to this site, new to my macbook and new to my blackberry pearl 8100... as you can see I don't have the latest and greatest of models, but I have been searching all over the net for the right combination for tethering mine to my macbook. Mine is a T-Mobile blackberry pearl 8100, and I'm running Tiger 4.0. Does anyone else out there have success with this same tether combination?