I was just given these ridiculously expensive ZAGG screen shields for my BBerry. I looked ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

ZAGG Invisible Shield ??

Advertisement

I was just given these ridiculously expensive ZAGG screen shields for my BBerry. I looked on their site and notice that you have to saturate/spray the inside and outside of the film with their included solution. I am a little hesitant about this as I would assume some liquid will inevitably leak into and crevices, holes, ports, etc. on the device - That would be bad I assume as well. Every other screen protector I have ever seen doesn't require this spraying step - Am I worrying too much about this product's application and would spraying it be a good idea?

crimsonways no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FCB336
    Hi there

I have a full Invisible Shield on my Curve amongst other devices / gadgets - and I am loving it.
    The solution is pretty much just water with a drop of baby shampoo (no joke) - it allows you to position the protector. Then you just wait about 24 hours and you'll have absolutely no bubbles at all,and even a knife won't harm your Berry. I dont know what they use, but it's perfect and even better than advertised.
    Hope this helps, any questions PIN / email me.
    "Why join the Navy when you can be a pirate?"
    - Steve Jobs

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i think screen protection is sometimes an obsession...and probably not too healthy or cost effective.why would you protect a 5 dollar screen with a 12 dollar screen protector?

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-811081...ns-p-2599.html

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    While not an economics major, it would seem cheaper to me to buy one 12 dollar screen protector over a five dollars screen everytime I get a scratch.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcif View Post
    While not an economics major, it would seem cheaper to me to buy one 12 dollar screen protector over a five dollars screen everytime I get a scratch.
    i see your point assuming the protector is more durable than the actual screen.is it?

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oh yeah, you can't even scratch thru it with a key.(I tried, like their ad showed) I love the invisible shield so much that have one on my curve, the wifes pearl, my zune, my cannon rebel screen and my logitech touch screen remote.

flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304F193C
    I installed ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD™ Full Body Coverage on my 9530 Storm this evening and now I have two major concerns.

1. As terrapin stated above, you have to spray a mist on the shields to set them on the screen. Sure enough some liquid has seeped into the Storm and gotten behind the famous touch screen. I didn't notice it at first but when I went to compose my 1st email [which is almost an all WHITE background] I could see the liquid pooling behind the screen. Kind of like putting a drop of water between two panes of glass.

2. I've also lost hover capability now that the invisibleSHIELD™ is on my 9530's touch screen. I can still click were i need to go but I can't swipe, scroll or hover anymore.

All that being said I did just do this install a few hours ago. MAYBE these concerns will go away in the morning after the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD™ has had time to 'set'. Let's hope I didn't just ruin my new Storm.
    Last edited by flyerno9; 12-24-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added image
    My BB History | 6230 > 7230 > 7100t > 8700c > 8700g > 7250 > 8130 > 9530

viciousjc no está en línea Stack level 1
    didnt have any issues as stated above. however, i have lint in some of the edges which is kinda annoying. not sure if i like it enough to keep it on. but it was $20 so i think ill leave it on for a bit b4 i decide to heck w it.