I didn't think this would ever come out, but I guess it will soon! I ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Wireless Gadget Charging Makes World Debut July 9

Advertisement

I didn't think this would ever come out, but I guess it will soon!
    I remember reading about this months ago. This is going to be pretty sweet!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wildcharg...y-9-268185.php

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Wireless Gadget Charging Makes World Debut July 9

yeah it is neat.. I also read about another "version" of this idea that does not depend on placing the items on the pad but instead can be any where in the room and I think it said it uses some give off from TV's to power the devices... I'll have to find that article in my Google Reader.

edit: found it
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...-corded-power/
    MIT team on the verge of eliminating corded power

[FONT=Tahoma][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma]I love my laptop. No matter where I go, I can take it with me and have basically my entire life at my fingertips. That kind of freedom just feels good, ya know? Of course, until you have to plug it in to recharge. Then, you're tethered to the world like everyone else. Well, the folks at MIT's Department of Physics, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science are trying to do away with that. In what they call "WiTricity," they've taken their theory and applied it to a light bulb…which they were able to light up from a power source 7 feet away. No wires. No connection. Yes, at this point, it's like the guy who invented the square wheel, but there's progress, people!
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-14-2007 at 01:36 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

level9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Wireless Gadget Charging Makes World Debut July 9

I will also be very interested to see if this works. How about having a Starbucks, and on each table is a pad for charging whatever the customer needs charged?? The possibilities could be GREAT. I just hope they work well!