Hi guys. New to the forum here. I've got an 8830 that I carry for ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

ButchW no está en línea Stack level 1

What's up with cheap plastic clips on holsters?

Advertisement

Hi guys. New to the forum here. I've got an 8830 that I carry for on-call duties at work. I have gone through 3 of the leather OEM holsters; each one has broken off at the clip, two at the big plastic button that holds the clip to the holster and one snapped off on the back of the clip itself.

I've searched here and haven't found any reference to this being a problem or not. It happens when I have it clipped to my side. I try to remember to remove it prior to getting in my car, but if I get in a hurry or just forget, when I sit down, snap goes the clip.

I'm not going to buy the Blackberry model again. This is ridiculous. Surely someon makes a decent holster that doesn't have such a fragile clip? I've looked on the Blackberry site and there's nothing I can find there, either.

Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (except for ones telling me to take it off when I get into the car. That one I can figure out myself; it's just putting it into sonsisten practice I'm having problems with).

Thanks,

ButchW

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    same here I went through 3 in less then a year. The pleather wore out fairly fact, but the broken clips came because i got all 3 caught on a chair. Im clumsy when I sit down.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    If your willing to sacrifice the Leather you can always try a more durable holster. I saw one on a website that looked like it could support an elephant but still looked shiney and classy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would recommend that you check out the seidio 8830 belt holsters. They are phenomenal. I had a similar experience with the first belt clips I purchased for my phone. I personally never like holsters because I feel they make the phone more difficult to access quickly. I prefer plastic belt clips. Nayway, I went through 4 cheap plastic clips I purchased off of Ebay. I didn't mind at first but it was very annoying after a while. I decided to go with the Seidio holster which in my opinion is pricey but is very well made. I haven't had a belt clip problem since. I highly recommend it.

cactusjack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250E6C9E
    yeah the plastic ones do bite a lot..think im gonna get me a leather one from Nutshell their stuff is really nice

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/