about 6 weeks ago i bought a pair of v-moda duo vibe's.they're high end earbuds ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

very strange earbud problem

Advertisement

about 6 weeks ago i bought a pair of v-moda duo vibe's.they're high end earbuds with a mic for talking on the phone too.i got these especially for using when i drive a truck at work.i drive this truck on a 2 hour round trip about once or twice a week. it is a desiel burning topkick truck(you'll understand why i told you that later).when i get in the truck and pop my earbuds in they start cutting out for a second or two at a time. it starts out at the rate of about once every 1 to 3 minutes and as the hour long trip progresses it starts to pick up in frequency.when i say "cut out" i mean the earbuds stop playing and the phones speaker plays for the second or two. it sounds like a bad connection but wiggling or twisting the connection and wire does not affect the cutout.like i said before i have had these v-modas for about 6 weeks and have used them every week in my work truck and they act the same every time. this week i finally took my oem earphones with me and when the v-modas started cutting out i switched earbuds to try to pin point the problem(v-moda earbuds or the phone).sure enough when i switched to oem earphones the problem was solved.case closed.....not so fast my friend.whenever i use the v-modas at home,in my pickup or at work they work flawlessly.v-modas tech support has already said they would replace them but i'm not sure they are defective. is there any way possible that the v-modas and the truck have a unique compatibility isssue? do i just need to go ahead and order a white jacket with long sleeves and buttons in the back?
    this is not a huge problem but it is very strange. jokes are welcome but answers would be super

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Castide, maybe get the replacements and see it the problem still persists? If the problem is solved then is could have been the indiviual set. If it still persists then it could just be the build of the ear buds?

Good luck hope you get it solved

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    just an update to this weird happening. i continued to use the earbuds with my pearl every week with the same results. today was my first trip in the truck with my new storm. the problem has been resolved. no more cutting out. it is some strange connection between the truck, the v-moda buds and my pearl. take any one out of the equation and the problem stops.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks