Short, and simple. I purchased a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack converter, to use with my ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

sabregen no está en línea Stack level 2

using 2.5 to 3.5mm converter, plug in headphones, voice dialing comes up

Advertisement

Short, and simple. I purchased a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack converter, to use with my BB, only for headphones (movies watching, listening to MP3s when on travel). When I plus in the adapter, and then headphones, the voice dialing menu comes up. Is there any way to disable this? I can't seem to find the option. I have a bluetooth headset (for phone calls), so I do not need this functionality.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: using 2.5 to 3.5mm converter, plug in headphones, voice dialing comes up

You can try using the steps below to totally remove the Voice Activated Dialing app from the phone if you don't want it...

I did this, I just made a folder for unused BB files on my desktop that way I can easily access them and put them back if I need them later. Just remember, MODIFY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Every device and OS can respond differently to these changes.

Here's how I did it on mine go to local disc c>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files>OS version file>java then I simply cut the .cod files named net_rim_vad, there were several and then pasted them into my "unused BB files" folder. Then when you plug your BB into the PC and open the desktop manager it should detect the change and prompt you to update, once updated the unwanted files will be gone.

I also posted a link below that has you do it a little differently, they have your same device, the 8830,take a look.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_dialing.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4