hello attempted to clean my trackball and upon attempting to put it back together i ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

trackball assembly white piece

Advertisement

hello attempted to clean my trackball and upon attempting to put it back together i am unable to snap the white piece from the bottom back(piece with the silver looking lightbulb) onto the trackball assembly to insert it into my fone. any tips? ideas? i have gone over the trackball cleaning and reassembly over and over and am unable to find what im doing wrong.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not sure I understand, the "lightbulb" is your LED light, it should not have come out when you removed the outer ring and trackball assembly-please give more details

PIN/ID
    nada
    Ok. Scratch my previous post, I reread and understand. Drop the square looking trackball assembly back inro the device, get it square/straight. Then position the retaining ring where the prongs on it correspond to the slots in the trackball assembly and LIGHTLY press the ring into place. I hope I've helped~via 8310C(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    the white piece that houses the "silver lightbulb" doesnt stay connected to the rest of the assembly thats my problem. if i place the "lightbulb piece" into the fone and put the rest on it does not even come close to fitting

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    The trackball is keyed. Line up the two small plastic dimples on the bottom of the trackball to align with the board on the phone. I think there side to side.

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    the sad part about this is ive done this several times. 10-15 and never ran into this problem

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did that get you back together?

PIN/ID
    nada
    It sounds like you may need a new trackball assembly. The sqaure plastic piece that holds the actual trackball is all one piece as you know since you've taken it out before. Its hard to help not being able to see, sorry I couldn't be of more help ~via 8310C(wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    no worries ill just revert to my 7280 or just wing it without the trackball because Im upgrading to the 8900 on feb 11 now!!! thanks for the ideas

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    For complete and thorough information please check out this link:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f8/how_to_trackball_cleaning_and_replacement-98523/

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Technical difficulty caused dbl post. Please see above, thank you.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-09-2009 at 10:45 PM.