Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well. I received my 8900 Invisible Shield today. Wow...I ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Smile Such a wreck putting on Invisi Shield...

Advertisement

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well. I received my 8900 Invisible Shield today. Wow...I forgot what a PAIN those things were. The Invisible Shield covered almost the entire phone. Pretty good piece indeed. I am not out to start a war, but I have for some reason just had better luck with the Invisi's. I didn't have such hot luck with my last BSE. It didn't want to stick but for a month or so, but I guess the price difference could warrant buying a couple. As big of a pain as they are though I don't want to switch em any more often than I have to.

Did anybody else receive their 8900 shield today? Impressed with quality? Do you guys get better at putting them on after a while, or do I just suck at them..LOL. I have done probably 5 installs now.

I know this in the "General BB" forum, but I was not trying to make this 8900 specific. Just happened to do my 8900 today and wanted to see if everyone else always dreaded installing these nightmares as much as me?

Good day

ps. Who do I have to get in contact with to get a username change?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well. I received my 8900 Invisible Shield today. Wow...I forgot what a PAIN those things were. The Invisible Shield covered almost the entire phone. Pretty good piece indeed. I am not out to start a war, but I have for some reason just had better luck with the Invisi's. I didn't have such hot luck with my last BSE. It didn't want to stick but for a month or so, but I guess the price difference could warrant buying a couple. As big of a pain as they are though I don't want to switch em any more often than I have to.

Did anybody else receive their 8900 shield today? Impressed with quality? Do you guys get better at putting them on after a while, or do I just suck at them..LOL. I have done probably 5 installs now.

I know this in the "General BB" forum, but I was not trying to make this 8900 specific. Just happened to do my 8900 today and wanted to see if everyone else always dreaded installing these nightmares as much as me?

Good day

ps. Who do I have to get in contact with to get a username change?
    Meh, I don't do the shields (tried it once - my installation sucked too) mostly because it's more trouble than it's worth IMO.

Contact the administrator Hayden to see if you can get a username/ID change - Put ID change request in the title. He's very busy so give him some time to reply. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Thank you sir. :-)
    ~via smartphone~

Thank you sir. :-)
    ~via smartphone~
    Welcome! Good luck with the change.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    No way I would tackle one of those, I can barely put on a screen protector without it looking hacked-lol~via my new Bold~

hatch.duffy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Meh, I don't do the shields (tried it once - my installation sucked too) mostly because it's more trouble than it's worth IMO.

Contact the administrator Hayden to see if you can get a username/ID change - Put ID change request in the title. He's very busy so give him some time to reply. Hope that helps.
    I don't do the sheilds either. I tried one when I got my storm and just could not get it to look all smooth like it's supposed to. With the scratch resistant screen and the fact that I keep it in a holster all the time there's not really much need for one for the Storm. Other devices I could see the need maybe.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    No way I would tackle one of those, I can barely put on a screen protector without it looking hacked-lol~via my new Bold~
    I hear ya, Glenn!

Gotta have 'em, but I'm such a clutz puttin' 'em on. It's a good thing they come in 3-packs!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the key to the shields is to wet them first with soapy water.

you can send me your device and the shields and i'll do it for you im a master skinner

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    the key to the shields is to wet them first with soapy water.

you can send me your device and the shields and i'll do it for you im a master skinner
    That sounds like a good idea! We shouldda known - one more thing that Cherri's expert at - she's a natural-born expert.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    LOL @ you guys...Mine may not look perfect, or anywhere close BUT thats something I am willing to live with as long as my baby doesn't get any cuts or bruises. I got the actual screen portion good(took 30 minutes but) and thats the most important thing to me. But I would rather it look a little bad with plastic, than a little bad FOREVER.
    OT: Has anybody figured out how to change the Trackball in the 8900 yet..?

[quote=Meh!;1047994....................OT: Has anybody figured out how to change the Trackball in the 8900 yet..?[/quote]
    Take a look at this thread, Meh

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    LOL @ you guys...Mine may not look perfect, or anywhere close BUT thats something I am willing to live with as long as my baby doesn't get any cuts or bruises. I got the actual screen portion good(took 30 minutes but) and thats the most important thing to me. But I would rather it look a little bad with plastic, than a little bad FOREVER.
    OT: Has anybody figured out how to change the Trackball in the 8900 yet..?

meh im with you, i'll prefer looking at the little plastic then seeing those nasty scratches on a beautiful device...

its a pain putting them on, i just finished installing mine, doesnt look 100% good, i would say about 75% but ill manage---
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I used to put on screen protectors for customers all day long. It really comes down to what kind you get. All screen protectors are not equal.

Just a quick generalization, I can easily differentiate between three kinds:
    1. Super soft: It can fold over and stick to itself, and is very soft/flimsy. (IE: BSE)
    2. Flexible: Not as soft as the BSE kind, and it will not fold over itself. However, it is still very flexible. (IE: Fellowes Write Right)
    3. Hard: Very rigid piece of plastic. (IE: Premium mirrored/clear)

I used to work with the hard screen protectors, and I after a week or so of working there, I had NO trouble putting them on. Clean, peel, stick/smooth. However, since I no longer work there, I've been buying screen protectors and most of them are the flexible ones.. huge difference. Even if you get them on perfectly, they still show spots where they were bent while being smoothed during application.

Try a mirrored screen protector. Most of them are very thick (relatively, to screen protectors.. still quite thin) and are quite easy to apply. Only downside I've found is that they can be a little tough to take off cleanly if they've been on for a long time. Alcohol wipes usually cleans up the screen nicely though.

Just my 2cents. Sorry for the threadjack..

I was thinking about getting an Invisi Shield, but I really hated how the BSE felt on the phone. It felt cheap to me..
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Yeah, I actually have a pack of the Fellows whatever you mention above. That stuff is THICK. I love using that for the screen but since my Invisible Shield came with screen protector I will use that for now..But if it ever has to come off. I have been wanting to trying the mirrored screen covers though..They worth a poo?

Also you guys with a 8900, near as I can tell, the entire device has to be dissassembled to change the trackball..Which blows. Voids warranty just to change ball, AND my Invisible Shield overlaps where the case would split apart. We are at a REAL disadvantage here guys...What do we do? DOH

Blaine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast