Has anyone tried the Solio? It's a little collapsable solar phone charger. I've read a ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Solio Solar Charger for Pearl?

Advertisement

Has anyone tried the Solio? It's a little collapsable solar phone charger. I've read a wide variety of reviews on it. Seems many people love it and many hate it. The only mention I found about it and a blackberry was that it fried someone's Pearl. Definitely not what I was hoping to hear, but I thought I'd see if anyone has some experience with it. I'm hoping maybe someone out there has tried it and can let us know if it works.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Solio Solar Charger for Pearl?

It says it's compatible with all the Blackberrys. However the device specs say it outputs 0 - 1 Amps. Blackberry chargers are rated at 400Ma (or 0.4 Amps). Not sure how it regulates amperage. A spike may cause a fried 'berry. They have a 1 year warranty on the device, but says nothing of coverage on your cell phone. I'd ask them about that before using it. Especially if all you've heard is a horror story. Unless 20 stackers speak up with a good experience.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah not much info on them either, but if you have read a couple of horror stories that alone is enought o stay away..maybe someone else can shed somelight on this
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

desrad no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have a friend who deals with Solio.I Will check with him.