Hi Guys! I'm one of those who hates scratches, especially screen scratches. A couple of ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Short review - InvisibleShield

Advertisement

Hi Guys!
    I'm one of those who hates scratches, especially screen scratches. A couple of days ago I received a full body protection from InvisibleShield. Even though the delivery was expensive it arrived within 10 days or so.

The protection is based on a strong, adhesive, quite thick (approx 0.5mm) transparent film. You can order a screen protection or full body. Full body comes in several pieces that are put on separately.

Installation.
    It's does not require any specific skills but definately patience and a steady hand. Prepare your space, wash your hands and make sure that your working area is clean. (I cought a couple of dust pieces that are right now stuck underneath the film)

Quality.
    The pieces are cut ok (I'm an engineer and I work with high precision devices, so I might be picky). I had to trim a piece or two as it was slightly too long. Other than this it fits perfectly fine.

Strength.
    This thing is definately strong!

Pros.
    Full body protection is a good idea. I hate scratches.
    Gives a bit shine to a device if someone likes it.
    Gives a rubbery feel, which is quite nice. The device also does not slide off the desk, furniture etc.
    Film is difficult to notice.

Cons.
    I did catch a couple of tiny bubbles that will probably stay.
    Sometimes I did get a kind of a glare from screen's backlight.
    More difficult to take out of a tight holster.
    Skin oils are a bit more difficult to remove.

Overall conclusion.
    I'd say, if you hate scratches, go for it.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Short review - InvisibleShield

Nice review cubus. Thanks for the update!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

UPDATE:
    So it's been... 1.5 months or so.
    I keep my BB in my case most of the times, but it lands in my pocket full of keys and coins every once and a while. It also landed at a hard floor too a couple of times... shame on me

Pros.
    1.5 month of abusing and using and NOT a single scratch.
    The phone looks like brand new. It's still has a shine to it.
    I got used to the glare from screen backlight - not a big deal.
    Skin oils are not as bad as they seemed
    It's much easier to take it out of a holster/case after a while.
    Still nice and soft rubbery feel
    You can see the film only at the corners of the phone

Cons.
    Two corners of the film started peeling off. I had to trim them by maybe 3 mm or so.

Overall.
    Wow!!! This stuff works great. I wasn't too sure about it at the beginning, but it's definitely worth those $25 or so.

Skratchy_Seal no está en línea Stack level 1

They are offering 50% off their stuff right now!

http://www.shieldzone.com/

UPDATE:
    9 months after installation. My poor BBerry... Dropped several times (twice from 5 feet on top of ceramic tiles, Ouch!). Car keys and house keys got in a way as well a few times; however, the worst that happened was the BBerry case itself. The flap with BB metal logo got in a way when I tried to push my phone into the case.
    The first serious scratch appeared on my screen. I decided it is time to take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

The replacement arrived within a week or so. While peeling off the film, I noticed it turned completely yellow/brown; however, not a single scratch on my phone! It looks brand new, even the scratch on my screen appeared to be only on the film and the phone's plastic didn't get damaged.

Pros:
    Not a single scratch after 9 months!
    Phone looks brand new
    Warranty works great, I paid only $3 shipping for a new set (which is also covered by a warranty if you ship all the old pieces back).
    Corners started peeling off, but after trimming it was fine.

New Cons:
    If you use full body protection, pieces on the sides and back have a tendency to stretch.
    Discoloration due to sun exposure. Nothing really quality-limiting, just it started looking a bit dull.

Overall:
    I definitelly recommend it to all scratch-hating people.

myronic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks cubus. I have been mulling this over ever since getting an IShield for my notebook screen. Your review will likely make me buy one for my Curve. Any noticeable effects on reception (NETWK, BT, or Wifi/GPS)? Also, does it make accessing any part of the BB harder - for instance the battery cover, buttons or plugs? The IS site offers only generic info and pics (sometimes to pretty humorous effect).

Thanks for any info.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    This is really making me consider getting one of the invisibleshields or a best skin ever...BTW, Are they the same (IS and BSE)?
    ...& that's pretty much it!

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    I use BSE and it's great! $5 and they say they won't send you one if yours gets damaged or whatever.
    I emailed them after a few months since a friend of mine thought it was the plastic and peeled it off. They sent me another one for free, no need to pay anything.

The BSE is very strong, I really recommend it.
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

lbjandai no está en línea Stack level 1
    they take time and patience to put on, but are great.

Quote Originally Posted by myronic View Post
    Any noticeable effects on reception (NETWK, BT, or Wifi/GPS)? Also, does it make accessing any part of the BB harder - for instance the battery cover, buttons or plugs?
    I didn't notice any effect on reception, BT or wifi. I use bt/wifi/gps at least once a day and it works like a charm.
    Also no problems with accessing any part of BB. The only difficulty I'd at first was getting my bb out of a brand new case (bb with the shield is not as slippery) but after a few weeks it was fine.

mightythor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246DE00D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a invisable shield on my ipod for over three years before a isnagged itin something. After roming the shield there was not a scratch on it I have had one on my curve since I got it and love it

shglbmx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402B165
    Nice review. Thanks.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990
    very nice review. and thanks for the updates over time....

Se7enth no está en línea Stack level 1
    ALWAYS go with BSE. Stuff is simply AMAZING. I have it on my iPod, MacBook, and now my BB. Same stuff as IS, much cheaper and their customer service is 2nd to none.