I searched the previous threads but couldnt find answers to all my questions. How many ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Seidio Docking Charger for the 83xx

Advertisement

I searched the previous threads but couldnt find answers to all my questions. How many of you have this and do you like it? Will it charge with the Seidio hard rubberized cover on it? How does it charge? the port is as we all know up at the top left of the phone, and by the photos Ive seen, Im a tad confused. Any info would be appreciated.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I believe it does charge with the Seidio hard rubber case - there are contacts on the lower back of the phone that are exposed for that purpose. I have the case combo and have ordered the desktop cradle.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    nada
    the only place thats exposed at the bottom using the hard rubberized case is the battery door latch, which has two gold rectangles on either side of the button/latch. I wonder if this could possibly be the charging point of entry. other than that there is no other place for it to charge using that particular case

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    the only place thats exposed at the bottom using the hard rubberized case is the battery door latch, which has two gold rectangles on either side of the button/latch. I wonder if this could possibly be the charging point of entry. other than that there is no other place for it to charge using that particular case
    That would be it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, just went to Seidio, it showed one without a phone in it, youre right. and I can charge it with the cover on. they make some good products! Thanks J-later

yeah, just went to Seidio, it showed one without a phone in it, youre right. and I can charge it with the cover on. they make some good products! Thanks J-later
    I've enjoyed my combo so far. It's a little tricky taking it out of the holster without dropping it (for me) but it easily comes right and I've just about adjusted to it. The quality seems great too. I actually dropped my Curve once on tile and the case took the hit before it popped into two pieces and revealed it's contents (the Curve.) No damage done and not a scratch - I put it back together and all is well.

PIN/ID
    nada
    So far Ive been lucky with all my BBs. Ive only dropped one, an 8700, about 2 yrs ago and fortunately it was still in the holster. havent dropped my curve yet. Heart attack

So far Ive been lucky with all my BBs. Ive only dropped one, an 8700, about 2 yrs ago and fortunately it was still in the holster. havent dropped my curve yet. Heart attack
    I'm as careful as they come and it happens to the everyone sooner or later. Most of the time they take the lickin' and keep on tickin'. Cases DO offer protection as well as function. I couldn't operate without some kind of holster and case.

PIN/ID
    nada
    OK, Im all psyched up about my docking charger, went to Seidio. Put 1 in my cart, get a message, please select a number lower, not enough in stock. Lower than one? uh, that would be zero. Bummer. Out of stock. Hope they come in soon.

chokem,

I just got my cradle and it DOES NOT appear to fit in the cradle with the hard rubber case on it. I've contacted Seidio and will post back here when I hear from them. You might want to hold off ordering until I find out. I was sure that it did but I can't take my BB out of the case every time I want to use the cradle.

More later.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here is the link to the charging dock for the 83xx WITH a Curve in it WITH the skin on it. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=970

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Here is the link to the charging dock for the 83xx WITH a Curve in it WITH the skin on it. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=970
    Exactly! That's what I saw. Thanks Erica...and that's the one that I have - frustrating. Even the little instruction folder that comes with it says "..fits most of the skin, leather, and hard cases, as well as other for-fitted cases." You'd think it would surely fit their OWN hard case! It just doesn't!

Still waiting to hear from Seidioseidio.

OK - Here's the deal. It DOES work either way. There's a shiny black insert that comes out to allow the fit with a case on the 83xx. I actually "picked" at it a little bit out of curiosity to see if it would come out but it didn't seem to and I didn't want to break the thing - the instructions DO NOT show that insert coming out.

Sooo, all is well the it all works with or without the case. Sorry for the hoopla but I wanted to make sure that I hadn't misled chokem with my info. Thanks to all.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks J for the headup and thanks Erica also. I appreciate both of your efforts.