On the advice from forum users, and reputation of Seidio, I bought the combo pack ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Thumbs down Seidio Combo for BOLD is disappointing

Advertisement

On the advice from forum users, and reputation of Seidio, I bought the combo pack for the Bold. That sale included an innocase surface and leather holster.

I had hoped for a solution to skin my bold and find a case that a skinned bold would fit in, but this is not that solution. While I have already posted a comment in my original thread, I am secondarily posting this thread to let others know what a waste this product is.

The innocase surface is made of flimsy (not flexible) hard plastic. I say flimsy because it feels like its going to break. Flexible would be something sturdy designed to twist and bend, but this thing is like the waste plastic from a plastic model set we all did as kids. The two halves sorta snap together at a few points around the bezel of the Bold, leaving gaps and creaking creaks when typing. I strived to find a Bold that didn't creak when typing, I found one, and the aftermarket case now makes it creak... c'mon guys!

Then, once the innocase is securely closed, its impossible to open again. In part due to the fact that its so flimsy it seems as if its going to break when prying it apart, and in part because it seems to be designed to never be removed from the device. With the frequency of battery pulls, it just isnt practical. The innocase also partially blocked the mic opening at the bottom of the device as well as the stereo speakers that make this smartphone as classy as it is.

Next comes the obtuse leather holster they send along in the combo package. Quality of the leather was the first thing to strike me with disappointment. It seems to be made from the same faux leather that Walmart uses in their Made in China crap. Then, the size of the case struck me. Its like wearing a gun or something. The OEM case, while minimal in function, managed to remain sleek and professional in appearance. This leather case looks like I'm carting around a taser. I knew there wasnt a swivel feature to the case, but the clip is really loose (not much of a spring constant). In the 2 minutes or so that I tried the case, it seemed to slip up my belt (doesnt hook like the OEM case). Then there is the fact that it doesn't silence the bold when its in the case. No matter how I place the bold in the case, the screen remains lit.
    Yes, this is a rant post, but take from it some very valid points. This aftermarket solution to skinning and casing a Bold falls short in most every way the OEM case excels. Its better to just use the included case than struggle with these two items... oh, and its going to cost $20 for round-trip shipping.
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 01-14-2009 at 07:45 PM.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Some valid points. Thank you for posting your feedback about the product. Really helps others who are considering to buy the case.

Ggrego no está en línea Stack level 1
    I recently bought the seidio combo-the innocase with the belt clip holster. I have been very pleased with this combo. My bold doesn't creak before or after the case was put on. I have only had to pull the battery twice since install
    ing and did not have any issues. By the way the belt clip does put the bold in sleep mode. Sorry to hear about your disapointments though ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggrego View Post
    By the way the belt clip does put the bold in sleep mode. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I believe that it works in some, but the quality control process they have in place seems to be such that not all of the cases function as intended...mine does not work.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Regarding the battery pull issue...Have you tried SoftReset from www.geekandproud.net or QuickPull (can't remember the site I got it from)?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Regarding the battery pull issue...Have you tried SoftReset from www.geekandproud.net or QuickPull (can't remember the site I got it from)?
    Just downloaded and installed quickpull. Thanks for the link... seems to work. Now, any suggestions for improving the Seidio stuff? :-)

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Try emailing them about exchanging it for something else.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    On the advice from forum users, and reputation of Seidio, I bought the combo pack for the Bold. That sale included an innocase surface and leather holster.

I had hoped for a solution to skin my bold and find a case that a skinned bold would fit in, but this is not that solution. While I have already posted a comment in my original thread, I am secondarily posting this thread to let others know what a waste this product is.

The innocase surface is made of flimsy (not flexible) hard plastic. I say flimsy because it feels like its going to break. Flexible would be something sturdy designed to twist and bend, but this thing is like the waste plastic from a plastic model set we all did as kids. The two halves sorta snap together at a few points around the bezel of the Bold, leaving gaps and creaking creaks when typing. I strived to find a Bold that didn't creak when typing, I found one, and the aftermarket case now makes it creak... c'mon guys!

Then, once the innocase is securely closed, its impossible to open again. In part due to the fact that its so flimsy it seems as if its going to break when prying it apart, and in part because it seems to be designed to never be removed from the device. With the frequency of battery pulls, it just isnt practical. The innocase also partially blocked the mic opening at the bottom of the device as well as the stereo speakers that make this smartphone as classy as it is.

Next comes the obtuse leather holster they send along in the combo package. Quality of the leather was the first thing to strike me with disappointment. It seems to be made from the same faux leather that Walmart uses in their Made in China crap. Then, the size of the case struck me. Its like wearing a gun or something. The OEM case, while minimal in function, managed to remain sleek and professional in appearance. This leather case looks like I'm carting around a taser. I knew there wasnt a swivel feature to the case, but the clip is really loose (not much of a spring constant). In the 2 minutes or so that I tried the case, it seemed to slip up my belt (doesnt hook like the OEM case). Then there is the fact that it doesn't silence the bold when its in the case. No matter how I place the bold in the case, the screen remains lit.
    Yes, this is a rant post, but take from it some very valid points. This aftermarket solution to skinning and casing a Bold falls short in most every way the OEM case excels. Its better to just use the included case than struggle with these two items... oh, and its going to cost $20 for round-trip shipping.
    jzarowitz,

Sorry I'm just now seeing this, and I apologize for your disappointment in our products. I believe that I actually just posted to a reply of yours in another thread, and you stated that you just sent me an email.

I'm looking forward to your email and will do whatever I can to make you happy.

Thanks,

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I ordered an Otter Box Defender Sunday-I'll let yall know how it is when I get it. Sorry you didn't like your Seidio stuff. I've had good luck with them, except for some customer relations issues. ~via 9000 (wap.pinstack.com)~