I dont know if anyone else has noticed this on theirs. Ive had my Bold ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Seidio case wearing out chrome on side of bold

Advertisement

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this on theirs. Ive had my Bold for over a month now with the Seidio case and there are two wear marks right over the cover for the memory card. It has definitely worn through the chrome as I see black.

Thought Seidio would have had this a bit more quality controlled.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hyper, is this the the protective cover they sell?

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u View Post
    Hyper, is this the the protective cover they sell?
    No, this is just a plain Bold(with BSE skin on it) in the Seidio clip case.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    I dont know if anyone else has noticed this on theirs. Ive had my Bold for over a month now with the Seidio case and there are two wear marks right over the cover for the memory card. It has definitely worn through the chrome as I see black.

Thought Seidio would have had this a bit more quality controlled.
    This is NOT a Seidio problem. They make cases. Out of leather and other quality materials. A good case should be a bit snug, after all they are that way for a reason.

If the Bold is so poorly made that a case, any case is capable of causing wear marks on the phone, it's just another unfortunate sign that RIM is slipping, cutting corners and using cheaper materials.

Believe me I'm not taking sides here and sticking up for Seidio, but let's look at this realistically. If a phone cannot withstand the normal process of being put into and removed from a case, there is a problem with the materials chosen for the phone.

RIM is once again, (just like the OS issues) rather lost.

While I see your point, this is the 3rd different BB Ive had with Seidio cases. Ive never had this happen before(except the rubber on the top of my curve scraping off). Hmm, Ok maybe it is a RIM thing. But that being said, I think maybe the Seidio case is a bit TOO snug in that one single area?

While I see your point, this is the 3rd different BB Ive had with Seidio cases. Ive never had this happen before(except the rubber on the top of my curve scraping off). Hmm, Ok maybe it is a RIM thing. But that being said, I think maybe the Seidio case is a bit TOO snug in that one single area?
    I believe I may have found the problem.
    You are using the word case. A case is made out of leather, and therefore no matter how snug the phone / any phone should be able to withstand that without damage.

If however on the other hand you are NOT talking about a case, but rather a hard plastic holster, then that is another matter.

Is that the situation we have here?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I do believe our friend is refering to the hard plastic clip holster, not the case you have archer

Correct, the hard plastic belt clip.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Correct, the hard plastic belt clip.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh... OK, then yes it's most certainly the holster, and now that I know what you are talking about I was able to look it up and I see it has a tab that if not perfectly formed would indeed cause the problem you are having. That's a shame. I would contact Seidio direct and see what they might be willing to do for you. Plus you would be helping them, as if no one complains they cannot fix it.

Good Luck

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is NOT a Seidio problem. They make cases. Out of leather and other quality materials. A good case should be a bit snug, after all they are that way for a reason.

If the Bold is so poorly made that a case, any case is capable of causing wear marks on the phone, it's just another unfortunate sign that RIM is slipping, cutting corners and using cheaper materials.

Believe me I'm not taking sides here and sticking up for Seidio, but let's look at this realistically. If a phone cannot withstand the normal process of being put into and removed from a case, there is a problem with the materials chosen for the phone.

RIM is once again, (just like the OS issues) rather lost.
    I can not agree! I have had other Seidio cases that damaged my other RIM devices so it is not a Bold problem it is the cases fault. Some of Seidio "clip" holsters and others like them are well documented to injure the device cosmetics.

Added after my above post:
    Ooopps, now read your last post where it was discovered to be the clip holster.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 12-22-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    I had the seidio rubberized hardcase on my pearl, and that case/shell wore through the chrome; small spots on the side trim. What a heartbreaker! I put the case on to protect the pearl from holster damage-and it was damaged anyways! It protected the device against major damage and wear and tear, but those two bare spots stink!